Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2019-S [enhanced Reverse Proof] Silver Eagle Mania?

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 2,137Next Topic
Page: of 3

United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  8:57 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add 316ASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone thinking these prices will peter out or keep climbing. It seems like everyone is selling and everyone is buying (ebay anyways).

I was wondering if this is a possible temporary hype "to have". This same thing happened to the gold Mercury dime and then prices crashed.

Any thoughts.

Please be kind...Im not as smart as you guys :)

*** Edited by Staff to clarify topic title. ***
Pillar of the Community
United States
9334 Posts
 Posted 02/01/2020  10:57 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not that smart nor an expert but nearly all modern mint issues peak in price within 90 days and most within 60 days.

These are now available for around $900 on eBay so prices are already way off their December peaks. I don't expect a crash but do expect a continued decline to around $700-$800 for 69s. Top Tier graded Proof 70s should always stay well over a $1,000 and perhaps even command $1300-$1400 long term.
ANA #R3154474
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  07:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 316ASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BHI....I truly appreciate it. I was having a gut check on the same thing, but appreciative the knowledgeable feed back!
Pillar of the Community
United States
4847 Posts
 Posted 02/02/2020  08:31 am  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I will assume you are referring to the 2019 S Enhanced Reverse proof and not the 2019 S proof ....

Checking the completed sales from yesterday (small sample) it looks like they have reasonably stabilized in the $900-985 (raw), $850-950 PR69, and $1500-1995 PR70 FS/ER

Not bad for a $65 purchase

...oh and Pinhurst has just the empty packaging available for $99 (OBO)
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 316ASE to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, my bad, I was referring to the ENH REV. Thanks for the stats!
Valued Member
United States
228 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  11:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i was one of the many who was sitting behind my computer at 11:30/12 noon wanting one of these. got 1 in my bag right away and went to checkout, then oooops and errors for the next 15 mins or so while trying to pay. finally the oooops and error freeze-ups stopped but the item in my bag was NOOOO LOOOONGER IN STOCK! after pounding my head against bricks for a hour or so the bitterness started to set in. and I'm still bitter haha

i'll wait until a 69 can be bought for $400/500, or 70 for around $800. if that never happens then i'll never own one.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4847 Posts
 Posted 02/03/2020  2:20 pm  Show Profile   Check Foxwoods Man's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Foxwoods Man to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It was MUCH easier on day two than the release day....
Pillar of the Community
United States
1025 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Big-Kingdom to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well. A couple months later and circumstances are changing for people.

I'd keep an eye on this on the secondary market. As people aren't working and need money, as dealers need to lighten inventory, prices may come down now. And the right time to buy might appear.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2924 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  1:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add morgans dad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
316ASE, To the Family. We have it all here. Bright minds, willing to share their knowledge and expertise with all. I do not think THIS coin will go below $ 800.00 raw, I could be wrong, but we will see. HumblePie, I too had many problems and found out later that day, in my spam box I completed the order of the coin, I am sorry you did not get one. I will hope you do.
Valued Member
United States
375 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  1:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sales should have been done by lottery, IMO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2001 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  2:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I liked the way the mint did the sale

Pillar of the Community
United States
6270 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  5:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add muddler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
What to do? I still have mine in an unopened package from the mint. Open it and find out what # it has, save it as is for the collection or sell it as a wonder?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10500 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  7:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
muddler, if you figure it out, let me know because I'm in the same boat. I still am tempted to send it in as-is for grading.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2001 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You guys still have a coin in the box it came in from the mint?

So are you collectors or flippers?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10500 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
100% a collector. I'm keeping this coin for myself, whether I open the box or send it off for grading.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2001 Posts
 Posted 04/18/2020  11:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So if it's for you why isn't the box opened? The chances of it being signed is 1 in 300, if you aren't going to sell it having it an unopened box makes no sense. If it is number 1, you can sell it as number 1. I see no reason not to open the box.

But if you collect boxes then keep it in the box.
Edited by hfjacinto
04/18/2020 11:19 pm
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 2,137Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05