Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Newfoundland 1880 Oval O

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
605 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  08:12 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys,

Picked up this 1880 a while back. Tough coin for the variety.

What is your grading opinion?

Thank you for looking!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  08:59 am  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
vf30 this is the one from ebay UK right? I bid on this but you outbid me by a few bucks, nice coin
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
Canada
605 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gidjit! Bang on!!

It was a tough auction. Thank you for not outbidding me:)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2816 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  09:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiecoiner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
VF-30, maybe cleaned long ago
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1761 Posts
 Posted 02/16/2020  11:25 am  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thank you for not outbidding me:)
you're welcome.....i think
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Valued Member
Canada
443 Posts
 Posted 02/17/2020  07:51 am  Show Profile   Check TheDeductible's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add TheDeductible to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with VF30. ICCS might give it a VF20, but that's just because they are hard on NL coinage.

Nice coin and a hard one to acquire in VF condition like this one. Good buy!
Bedrock of the Community
Canada
10724 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  06:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SHAFTA9a to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
, yes, nice one and to my chagrin, the only one I am missing, VF30
True North
Pillar of the Community
Canada
605 Posts
 Posted 02/18/2020  3:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys,I really appreciate having any chance at owing some special Newfoundland coins. Its intriguing how many may be abroad in decent shape.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1203 Posts
 Posted 02/25/2020  9:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fantastic coin! Rock solid VF-30, and nice surfaces. That's a toughie to find VF and up.

I have to say, every time one of you posts a nice one like that, my wife quietly holds hers up side by side and gives me *that* look. Her F-12 apparently needs an upgrade.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
605 Posts
 Posted 02/26/2020  09:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
fortcollins thank you kindly. I hope by showing these coins we are not putting pressure on you and your wife:)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1203 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ha! After 37 years of marriage, we have our own goofy ways of teasing each other. Good nature coin shaming is one of our nerdy love languages.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
605 Posts
 Posted 02/27/2020  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coin-Flipper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Inspiring! It is amazing that you two have that solid foundation of 37 years!
Keep on keeping on!
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05