Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

About This Forum And My Many Silver Dollar Submissions, Please Chime In

Previous Page

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1214 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  11:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@KauaiHawaiiGuy, one of the goals should be to assemble a solid grading set. It doesn't matter if the coins are silver shrapnel for the melt pot or collectible, a complete common grade-range set is vital for assessing what you see online or in shows.

In today's market, a circulated grading set has to include AG-3, G-4, G-6, VG-8, VG-10, F-12, F-15, VF-20, VF-25, VF-30, VF-35, EF-40, EF-45, AU-50, AU-53, AU-55, and AU-58 examples. To these, I would add the emerging grade that hasn't been recognized (yet): EF-48 (AU slider). You have enough coins that you probably can do this.

The MS set needs to include the single-point coins from MS-60 to MS-66. This can be pesky to assemble.

I would also suggest a "details" set of the three biggies: cleaned, questionable color (unnatural/artificial toning), and environmental damage.

That's 28 coins, and they would give you the in-hand guidance for future purchases. From the coins you have posted, I think you already have almost half of the circulated grades and all three of the details set.

I would avoid the 1921 Morgans for this set, because of design and strike differences from the 1878-1904 Morgans.

JMHO.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2072 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  04:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
hfjacinto had it right when he said:

Quote:
post what you want, if it interests me I'll comment if it doesn't I'll skip

We all need to be good neighbours. Be mindful you might be posting too many coins at a time, and be considerate that maybe, just maybe there is a real human being on the other end of each message being asked. I believe there is room for all of us here. Tired of the same members asking the same questions about the same coins? Well, move on past them and find something you might like to comment on. Sick of members who simply say "Good job" and then add a thumb up? Realise some people need encouragement, and if you don't feel as generous, well, move on. We all need to play nice. There is room enough for everyone!
ša va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
213 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  10:17 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KauaiHawaiiGuy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought that this thread died, but I see that a couple of comments revived it in the just past 2 days, so I'll say my final 2 cents worth, and hopefully end this once and for all.

First, this entire thing began when somebody here at this forum got their panties all scrunched up in a bunch because their coins were not the star attraction for one day. I sure would like to say a lot about that, but since it was my posts that were the object of derision by this individual, and a number of the grown ups here at this forum have already made some excellent comments about playing nice with others, I'll just leave it at that.

The only thing I will add and in my own defense is this, to those folks with the scrunched up panties. I don't over post, I never have. And since there are no "over posting" rules, I don't think it's even possible to do so. I've never posted more than 5 on any day, and only posted 5 two days in a row once. Some days I post none or just two or three. The only reason this was even an issue, was that somebody here was kind enough to grade a number of my coins in a row, and regardless that I posted them over a months time, they all showed up together like I was posting 10 or 15 or more at a time ..... which I didn't. So to conclude. If you can't handle not being the center of attention for even a day, I suggest buying bigger panties.

I said I would abide by the consensus, and the consensus has been overwhelmingly post away. So I will.

And now I would be thrilled to see this thread just fade away into the sunset.
Edited by KauaiHawaiiGuy
02/23/2020 10:18 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46220 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  11:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As long as the coins are shown one at a time, I have no problem with it at all. It's enjoyable.
Pillar of the Community
United States
695 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  12:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NDBirdman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Rookie with bad eyes, take what I say with a grain of salt and call an expert in the morning!
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20398 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  3:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
and a number of the grown ups here at this forum have already made some excellent comments about playing nice with others, I'll just leave it at that.

Funny you mention adults here, and insinuate that srs77 is not one..... while at the same time you act like you're 12.

Quote:
First, this entire thing began when somebody here at this forum got their panties all scrunched up in a bunch because their coins were not the star attraction for one day.

Quote:
The only thing I will add and in my own defense is this, to those folks with the scrunched up panties.

Quote:
If you can't handle not being the center of attention for even a day, I suggest buying bigger panties.

You're post was obviously designed to degrade the person that questioned you. Well I've got news for you, he has just as much right to not like it as you do to like it. Plus he has acted like an adult through all this while you have not.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1675 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You're post was obviously designed to degrade the person that questioned you. Well I've got news for you, he has just as much right to not like it as you do to like it. Plus he has acted like an adult through all this while you have not.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1546 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  4:02 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
You're post was obviously designed to degrade the person that questioned you. Well I've got news for you, he has just as much right to not like it as you do to like it. Plus he has acted like an adult through all this while you have not

Yep, Bobby is totally right on this.
Pillar of the Community
United States
831 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  4:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Kauai that last bit was rather disappointing
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  4:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Safaga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Kauai - Granted I admit you have the "right" to post as much as you want. However, I read your post as an intentional effort to abuse and degrade a fellow member of this community. You say you want to "end this once and for all" but I see that is only after you get a last insult in. The person you are so scornful of did not speak of you in such a manner.

As for the "overwhelming" consensus to post away, I don't think you read between the lines of many of the posts.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1883 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  5:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nfine to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps Kauai should create a single post, like the "show your latest" threads, and add to it daily. Those of us who want to follow along or comment can do so in a single place with minimal impact on other posters.
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.84 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05