Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1927 Australia 1 Florin .

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
Canada
13554 Posts
 Posted 02/19/2020  11:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dorado to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi Guys.
Please rate this coin.
Thanks in advance.

Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16654 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  12:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
One of the nicest reverse coin designs ever, and the first for George Kruger Gray, who went on to be the most prolific coin designer for the British Empire, and it's Colonies.
That means a huge number of designs on coins for the British empire, that went into circulation.
In this case, look for 'K' and the 'G' in the scrolls below the date.

This coin is in commonly seen grade for this commemorative. It was struck for the opening of the Australian Parliament building in Canberra, in 1927. 2 million were struck, but as Australia's first commemorative coin, most were taken out of circulation as keepsakes, and so are never found in heavily circulated condition.

Americans talk about FSB's and FBL's.
In this case, look for three full step lines at the top of the pathway at the entrance of the building. Full 'Three steppers' are quite scarce. The coin was slightly dished at this point, due to the raised detail of the King's effigy directly on the opposite side of the coin.
I have even seen proofs not fully struck up in this area.

I would think that a 'three stepper' in very high MS grade would be even rarer, and thus more valuable than than a proof, which are almost as scarce as hen's teeth, anyway.

This coin VF (AU-50 Sheldon).
Pillar of the Community
Australia
558 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  02:46 am  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i agree with you there, that the 3 steppers are actually very hard to find in good condition however most people do not care about the fact that its going to be 3 steps -_- .

AU 54 however the surface hairlines are a worry, nice luster tho.
Swap list : http://goccf.com/t/334449
Free coins for (post 500)competition
http://goccf.com/t/350686&whichpage=3
Valued Member
Australia
264 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  03:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
EF with hairlines
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46142 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  08:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say AU-58 (Sheldon).
Pillar of the Community
United States
2831 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, that is a very nice reverse design. Now I'll need to find one for my collection....Thanks for posting
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  7:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would agree with an AU grade (AU58)...reverse better than obverse.

KK
Valued Member
New Zealand
325 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  09:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am going to say UNC - Can't see any wear and a stunning coin.

VF is extremely low for this issue and how VF can translate to American AU?
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
727 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  7:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nealeffendi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There is wear on the maces so not Unc, plus the obverse and reverse has scratches in the field that might be from either circulation or from cleaning.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2773 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  8:08 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
au 58-details/cleaned
Pillar of the Community
United States
831 Posts
 Posted 02/29/2020  8:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Gincoin43 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
One of the nicest reverse coin designs ever

I have to agree, that "perfectly balanced as all things should be" had me wanting one
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05