Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Indus Valley India Coins?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  6:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add cgill99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hey guys I've got these coins that have been in the family for some time. Does anyone have any info on these and are they worth anything?

Learn More...
United States
15345 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@cgill, first welcome to CCF. Second, best practice is to start separate threads for each different piece, but I can at least address your second one. It is not a coin, but rather a temple token from India. Here is a numista link to a similar piece:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces169605.html

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5833 Posts
 Posted 02/20/2020  7:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Finn235 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
1. Kushan feudatories, Yaudheya copper "tetradrachm", ca. 200-300 AD
*Edit - Looking at it again, I believe it is a counterfeiter's mold for the type. Whether ancient or modern I am not sure*
2. Temple token
3. Mughal or princely states rupee, late 1700s?
4. Princely states, mid-late 1800s, dont recognize the type offhand.
My Collections:
Roman Imperial
http://goccf.com/t/348979
Japan Type set Tokugawa + Modern
http://goccf.com/t/348999
Indo Sassanian
http://goccf.com/t/322087
Edited by Finn235
02/20/2020 9:20 pm
Learn More...
United States
83971 Posts
Valued Member
United States
293 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  8:17 pm  Show Profile   Check Seeker55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Seeker55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome!

For coins 3 and 4, weights and dimensions would help with identification.
Also to aid identification the first photo of coin 3 should be rotated 90 degrees counterclockwise.
I believe that both photos of coin 4 should be rotated 180 degrees, and in general it would help to crop photos.
Edited by Seeker55
02/21/2020 8:21 pm
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 02/24/2020  11:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cgill99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys so much for the insight, its truly a great help! Do you guys know where I could get these coins appraised professionally? I have a lot more.
Pillar of the Community
United States
898 Posts
 Posted 02/28/2020  04:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kushanshah to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The Yaudheya molds turn up now and then. If I remember correctly, it isn't known with certainty whether the official Yaudheya coins were cast or if the cast coins are contemporary counterfeits. The mold is probably a bit more valuable than the coin. Interesting group!
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
948 Posts
 Posted 03/01/2020  08:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add andyg to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
3 is a Anna from Jodhpur,
4 is a Paisa from Bahawalpur.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05