Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Fellow Collector Asked Me To Pick Up A Few Coins For Him, So How Did I Do?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
United States
1499 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  12:44 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have a coworker/friend that is also a collector. He has a lot of coins that he inherited from his Dad, including some really nice gold coins. But as he lives in the South (not Florida) the only place he can get coins is from Pawn Shops, so they are costly and generally not good quality.

He has asked me to pick up a few things locally which I did and shipped to him.

2 weeks ago he asked if he could send $200 to get some coins from him. These coins were my choice as to what to get. The only thing he asked was that they be high quality which I took to mean Mint State.

I reached out to the LCS and he put a few things on the side and I added a few more things. So with $200 (cost me $15.05 to ship it to him), so I spent about $184. This is what I got for him:

Figured I would get him the first and last ASE with the Heraldic eagle :) so I got:

1986 ASE Proof
2020 ASE Uncirculated

He always wanted a Mint State coin, so we added a 1945 Mercury dime in MS 65

And he likes commemoratives so I picked up the Yellow Stone Dollar in Proof and Uncirculated.

And the reaming was either going to be a slabbed IHC or Flying Eagle, but we couldn't find any, so I was going for a slabbed Walking Liberty, but the LCS had a lot of loose (unboxed) commemorative for a $1 over melt and they were in MS, so I picked up 3. They were shipped back to him and he hasn't gotten them yet, but I wanted feedback, how did I do?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45974 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  1:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a great selection!
Valued Member
United Kingdom
121 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  1:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcstone to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Plenty to get excited about there, I think you did well to get the variety with your budget. I'd be pleased!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1499 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In case anyone is wondering all the coins are silver.

It's hard trying to buy for someone else but I enjoyed doing it. Although I now want that Yellowstone commemorative :)
Learn More...
United States
83885 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.42 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05