Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Dump Bank Question For CRH

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
United States
17 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  9:30 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add ac78217 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
for CRH, when you turn your change in, do you use the same bank you took the change from but a different branch, or do you use a different bank all together?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2853 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  11:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Same bank (where account is at) different branches, I have 1 for quarters and 1 for cents, when I pick-up my boxes. Then I dump my quarters at 4 different branch locations and the cents go to coinstar for an Amazon gift card.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32717 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  04:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Different bank all together.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
15471 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  05:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
While I'm not CRHing anymore, when I was I had separate banks altogether for these two activities.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
808 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  09:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add atticguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use two different bank companies.

My primary bank doesn't have any coin counting machines, and I get my boxes from them.

I dump in the second bank that does have a FREE coin counter for people with an account there. I normally 'donate' ten percent of my dump totals into my account there. I do this for two reasons: It soothes the 'relationship' between me and the dump bank, and creates an 'emergency' account for me (used for surprise bills and/or xmas buying).

I put the remaining 90% of my dumps back into my primary bank to pay my monthly bills (house mortgage, utilities, credit cards, etc.)
Pillar of the Community
United States
2209 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  09:32 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Kopper Ken to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have my checking account at one bank. I go pay my bank credit cards monthly at three other banks and my mortgage at a fourth. Those four banks are my pick-up banks and my checking account bank is my dump bank. Intend to bring a fifth pick-up bank into the fray by opening a CD.

KK
Pillar of the Community
Canada
4997 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  09:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mcshilling to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm running a $300 float and get that amount at one bank go through them and then exchange the rolls at another bank, then do the same thing again. In all I use 8 different banks. Tellers now know me so no problems, I only have an account at 1 of these banks.
Pillar of the Community
United States
518 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  09:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
In my area, I have access to five major banks and several dozen branches. I make sure I don't acquire rolls from the two branch locations I dump at. Ultimately--in my area--most if not all of the major banks use the same regional coin service provider--Loomis.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2395 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  11:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SDcoinguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
when I ordered and picked up my 3 boxes of nickles the other day, the teller/manager told me that they are ok with me returning the same boxes because they need coins anyway.

some banks I know, frown on returning boxes.. usually halves. but I have noticed smaller denominations, they dont seem to mind. but still good to ask. just make sure if you use the same bank to pick up and dump, you dont get the same boxes or coins.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.48 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05