Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

How To Give It A Start And Find Who To Engage

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,419Next Topic
Page: of 2
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2020  8:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thrifty_nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry folks....since my research, gotta come back to you and re-ask and clarify the question again with the following considerations: I am disabled veteran, and part of the disability makes me shake so bad that a stable shot of a coin with a digital camera or smartphone. The ones that I'm finding online all seem to have the "snap" button on the barrel of the microscope camera someplace which would still possibly make the image not crisp. Is there a model out there where I can snap the setup photo shot with a USB corded button, or do so with Windows while connected via USB. Please send ANY suggestions that will help in this dilemma. I sincerely appreciate the help. Thank you.
Learn More...
United States
16103 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2020  9:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tn. yes a shaking hand is tough, but I wonder if you can rest the phone on a stack of books with just the camera hanging off the edge and then tap the button to get your pic? In this way, you wouldn't have to hold the camera at all. Let me know if you think that it might work.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
15 Posts
 Posted 03/02/2020  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thrifty_nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i can give that a try, but immediate concerns that come to mind include trim the photos and shadow issues from the raised book stacks.....thank you. Will let you know how it goes, and feel free to drop by any other suggestions you or others may have.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
33653 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  04:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
thrifty_nickel,
Doesn't the iphone have a delay feature for taking photos?
On both of my scopes,I click on the computer monitor to snap the photo.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
15 Posts
 Posted 03/03/2020  10:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thrifty_nickel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
don't have an iphone....what scopes are you using?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
543 Posts
 Posted 03/08/2020  10:03 pm  Show Profile   Check JohnWayne007's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Thrifty_nickel, my advice would be to check them yourself. I realize taking photos with unsteady hands can become a hassle (happens to me too) it use to take me anywhere from 5 to 15 minutes just to get one good photo with my phone, now it only takes 2 minutes maximum (Obverse & Reverse). If it helps you in your case you can send me an email and I can 3D Print you a stand for your phone, all I would need is the Model of your phone you are using (example: iPhone 6S, Samsung Galaxy or Other) so I can print the appropriate size. If it is something you would be interested in you can cover the postage and consider the rest as a welcome to the community.

Cheers!
They say coin roll hunting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.... I think it went something like that, I was too busy looking at coins.

This is my very first error coin I found that got me hooked.
- 1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Valued Member
United States
210 Posts
 Posted 03/12/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HumblePie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I recently purchased this scope/camera. If you don't mind spending around $110(with instant clip coupon) it would probably work well for you. It comes with a remote control that you can snap photos with and control a lot of the camera functions. 7inch color display screen. Great zooming. Does not hook up to your computer, uses micro sd card(not included).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...e=UTF8&psc=1
Edited by HumblePie
03/12/2020 7:14 pm
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 1,419Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05