Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is This $50 Binary Note Worth Much ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  11:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add icarryagun65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I received from the bank a $50 note that has a serial # of 00888888 and it's from the 8th district (H8) would this be very collectible ?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  11:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello,
Yes that note only has two numbers in it, don't know the exact term for that, maybe binary, however I believe the commonly known term for a binary note is when it's all 1's and 0's, referring to computer talk of all ones and zeros.
I'm probably wrong, I'm new at currency collecting.
Eights are considered lucky in Asian culture, especially when referring to finances, as are fours.
I would keep it until you find the right buyer, if your trying to make money on it.
I would personally keep it in my collection because of the six 8's in a row.
But that's just my humble opinion.
Notes with only 2 numbers are definitely a keeper no matter what 2 numbers they are.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
203 Posts
 Posted 02/21/2020  11:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Snoopydoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
SteveInTampa will have better input than mine.
I'm sure he will give you some solid and more knowledgeable advice, he's a true expert.
The condition will be a contributing factor too.
Edited by Snoopydoo
02/21/2020 11:51 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2687 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  12:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add WheatBack to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spender. Too much money to tie up on such a circulated note. Maybe someone will pay a couple bucks over face, but is that really worth the hassle to pack and ship, plus fees if selling online?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
32688 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
,condition is everything.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
2576 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  05:05 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be hard pressed to keep this note because of its condition. If it was a smaller denomination, yes. I'm sure a bididiot on eBay might give you something above face value.....have you seen some of the junk that gets sold ? Incredible
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add icarryagun65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
46142 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  09:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a keeper for me in this condition either.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1339 Posts
 Posted 02/22/2020  9:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add babysitr to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$50's seem to be hard to sell in my area...especially the "big heads"....and as stated above....condition is key!
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10300 Posts
 Posted 02/23/2020  01:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
with everyone above, but it's still a cool serial. Thanks for sharing.
Learn More...
United States
84130 Posts
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05