Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1893 Indian Head One Cent, Need Help

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 486Next Topic  

United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  2:37 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Sublime to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I was hoping someone could tell my the approximate grade and value. Not looking to sell, just curious.

Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  2:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AG3, pretty poor shape. Looks like environmental damage. Value probably a $1. This would be one I would put out to pasture and Indian Heads are one of my favorite coins.
Edited by hfjacinto
03/29/2020 2:42 pm
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  2:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sublime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://goccf.com/t/370685#3179658

Lol. Put it out for.... thanks. My collection isn't that huge on Indian beads. Actually my only one, I'm not sending it to the butcher yet, I'll wait to see if I get more milk over the long run.

Appreciate your response.
Sublime
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  2:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Put it out for.... thanks. My collection isn't that huge on Indian beads. Actually my only one, I'm not sending it to the butcher yet, I'll wait to see if I get more milk over the long run.

See that green on the coin? You're picture isn't great, but if that is bronze disease, you would be better putting it out to pasture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bronze_dise ASE
United States
24 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  3:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sublime to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Obviously I don't know how to quote in this forum, sorry,

What is bronze disease? And should I separate out from my other coins?
Pillar of the Community
United States
1852 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  3:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I put a link to it. Basically the green crud can affect other coins, think of it as the Corona virus of coins. When a coin gets bronze disease the best thing to do is remove that coin from other coins as the copper schelate can spread and infect other coins. Your IHC looks like it may have some, that was why I would put it out to pasture.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48062 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  3:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say G details (environmental damage). Common date, very little value in this condition.

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
754 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  5:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DoctorBurnzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
very worn...if someone offers you $3 take it and run....or just keep it as an old piece of history...maybe it made its way through the Chicago World's Fair 1893...
Edited by DoctorBurnzy
03/29/2020 5:14 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19316 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  6:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Soak in Acetone for a few minutes then put in an Album.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1328 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  7:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
.maybe it made its way through the Chicago World's Fair 1893...

In 1893, one cent would also have purchased a game program (card) and a pencil for Philadelphia Phillies home games at the Baker Bowl.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13439 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  7:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AG-03/G-04 . Details .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48062 Posts
 Posted 03/29/2020  8:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Really almost no value at all. I will send anyone who provides postage up to a dozen of similar or better details Indian cents in the 1890s for no charge at all. Just PM me.
Edited by Coinfrog
03/29/2020 8:15 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 486Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05