Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

What's Everyone Doing?

First page | Previous Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 82 / Views: 4,252Next Topic
Page: of 6
Pillar of the Community
United States
4048 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bpoc1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

"What a long strange trip its been." Trucken
We are cutting and splitting our dead ash trees.
In a normal year we burn 5 or 6 full cords. Great heat we also have a gas furnace which keeps us toasty.
Be safe CCF friends.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14155 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well so far I've made good of my time staying home more often now than last year . I started going through my old Blue Whitman albums of early wheat cents 09-40 PDS that I put together in the 60's & 70's . The problem that I encountered was a dull brown dust like coating on 95% of the coins obverse and reverse from being stored so many years in a bad environment . Was subject to humidity and hot & cold temps . Yeah yeah I know ,go ahead and hit me on the side of my head . Any way I had a lot of Verdi-Care left from the last time I was able to purchase it . ( NO the 1.6 oz. out of a 2oz bottle that I have left is Not For Sale At Any Price ! ) So I used it on those early Wheaties and like a miracle all that dull brown substance was easily removed and virtually look like they did when I first put them in my albums . The best part is they are not cleaned , just conserved . So that's what I've been doing lately .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7599 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  06:08 am  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have completed my audit of my coin collection - over 22,000 coins!

I've checked every single coin against the Excel worksheet on my computer. There were quite a few surprises - coins I'd bought but never recorded, a handful of coins I must have lost over the years, and quite a few coins I'd listed but didn't actually have - mostly because I'd entered the date in the worksheet in the column for the wrong denomination, not noticed a mintmark or variety or wrongly identified a worn coin...

Apart from updating my computer list, I've used a notebook someone gave me for Christmas last year to make a complete handwritten list that I can slip in my coat pocket and take to coin shops and coin fairs!

While doing my audit, I've rearranged a few of my albums and replaced some life-expired flips and 2x2s. I've made new labels for albums and storage boxes and also treated a number of coins with acetone, notably some I'd bought at the beginning of this year that had been stored in old PVC album pages. So I think I can say that my collection is better organised than it's been for years.
Learn More...
United States
90826 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  10:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I have completed my audit of my coin collection - over 22,000 coins!
Impressive!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2460 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  11:37 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
We got the hot tub, so I've taken advantage of it ;)

One of my neighbors got a new car, so he let me take it for a drive. I drove really really slow.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9029 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I made this big Damascus bowie chopper knife complete by making a handle from scrap brass and wood over the past few days.

Before

After
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
10/05/2020 12:06 pm
Learn More...
United States
90826 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  12:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are prepping to go on Forged in Fire, you gotta start somewhere!
Page: of 6 Previous TopicReplies: 82 / Views: 4,252Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05