Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Missing The Mylar Insert For Littleton Album

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 195Next Topic  
Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  4:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add hermanwilliams to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I purchased a brand new Littleton Kennedy half dollar album, completely intact with envelope, and it is missing one of the mylar inserts. Any idea on how I can get one? Does anyone here have an extra. Littlton isn't answering the phone right now nor responding to emails (at least I haven't received one yet).
Appreciated.
Pillar of the Community
United States
866 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Check ksammut's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ksammut to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hmmmmmm. Have you tried eBay or a Google search for them?
Young Numismatist - You are welcome to visit my eBay store: https://www.ebay.com/str/numismaticswithkenny - over 1200 numismatic listings!

2019 ANA Young Numismatist of the Year

ANA Life Member and District Representative
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8744 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  4:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Maybe there are two in one slot? Write to Littleton and see if they'll mail you one.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
16971 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  7:47 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think that the plastic slide material is Mylar.
I am reasonably sure that it is made out of acrylic, which is just as equally good for coins anyway.

Why go to all of the problem of trying to buy a slide when it is perfectly easy to solve the problem for free?
Clear hard acrylic sheet is used for food, toy and tool packaging. If it is used for food it is OK for coins as well.
The clear plastic slide you need can be recovered from this sort of packaging and cut to size to fit your coin album.

I am not all that keen on coin albums that have a slide over the coins, especially if the coins are in high MS condition. If there is any dust between the coin and the slide, the coin could be easily hairlined.
Littleton albums OK for building sets of coins in less than MS condition. Better than press-in sort of albums.
Probably helps to explain why some prefer high value coins to be slabbed.
United States
33 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  10:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have heard that Littleton is very good at making things right on there albums and supplies, keep trying.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1286 Posts
 Posted 05/20/2020  11:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jgfindring to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have for a number of reasons a bunch of extra slides for various Dansco albums. They are the same material as the Littleton ones. Send me or list here the size you need and I'll see if I have one that size or close.
Currently working on:
Australia type set
Canada type set
Three from each country (up to 416!)
UK 20th and 21st century
IHC's! NGC certified MS-62 or better, Capital Plastics Fine or better, Dansco Fine or better, Dansco any x3, and Coin Board for wall display, any grade. (I may be a tad obsessed)
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19315 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  12:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As already stated simply cut a piece from some food type plastic containers. Or a piece of any plastic wrapped item from a store. Or look for a hobby store and see if they have any pieces of clear plastic and cut one for yourself.
just carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 195Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05