Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

I'm Totally Baffled By These

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 252Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1102 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  7:13 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add okiepb to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I'm attaching some pictures of 5 medals or coins or tokens
I'm really not sure what they are.
I can't read what language is on them.
Since I can't read them, I'm not sure of the obverse/reverse or up/down orientation.
Any help anyone can provide is very appreciated.
I'll put a name in front of each one for reference in any comments.

Animal token?

Large Round Hole

Large Square Hole

Small Square Hole

Small Round Hole

To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

ANA Member since 2007.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2832 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  7:21 pm  Show Profile   Check silverwolf's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add silverwolf to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the first one with an animal, and a cut out portion resembles, a golf ball token, here in canada. meant to slid into the machine in only one way.. and it dispenses golf balls, from a vending type machine..
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
651 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  8:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Anaximander to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First one is an Israel telephone token. The circle of numbers is from an old fashioned telephone dial.
Learn More...
United States
15985 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  8:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree that the first one is an Israeli Telephone token.

@okiepb, I'd like to recommend that you get the free coinoscope app for your phone. On your last coin posted, this app pointed me at the Satangs of Thailand, such as the one in this link on numista:

https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces6582.html

Coinoscope correctly nailed #2 also: https://en.numista.com/catalogue/pieces72609.html

"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Valued Member
United States
309 Posts
 Posted 05/23/2020  9:05 pm  Show Profile   Check Seeker55's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Seeker55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Number 4 (small square hole) is a Chinese cash of Emperor Kao Tsung, AD 1736-1795, mint Boo Yuwan (Board of Works in Beijing)

http://www.calgarycoin.com/referenc...chien%20lung
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2386 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  10:58 am  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Last one is from Thailand
Learn More...
Australia
13323 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  9:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sap to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
#1: Israel telephone token, dated in the Hebrew calendar to the year that converts to AD 1966.

#2 and #3: Chinese/Korean "eight trigrams" Taoist charms. Not coins.

#4: China, cash coin of the Qian Long emperor (as noted by Seeker55 above). Despite being over 200 years old, these are incredibly common, being one of the highest mintage coins ever produced on the planet, with billions of coins made each year of his sixty-year reign.

#5: Thailand, 1 satang, dated Year 2471 of the Thai Buddhist calendar (AD 1928). Curiously, that date is not in the Catalogue page for this coin. The edge also looks a little crude compared to the catalogue coin (which shows both the pictures upside-down, by the way). I'm wondering if your coin might be a circulating counterfeit.
Don't say "infinitely" when you mean "very"; otherwise, you'll have no word left when you want to talk about something really infinite. - C. S. Lewis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1102 Posts
 Posted 05/24/2020  11:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add okiepb to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the descriptions of my coins/tokens.
I'll check out the links you all provided.
To be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.

ANA Member since 2007.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 252Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.59 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05