Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 D Nickel Rotated Reverse!

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 386Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
129 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  1:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Hail24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Well I know this time I am correct and this is actually and error but just wanted to share it. I always flip every coin which I learned from reading and watching videos. Thought I would never find one then searching through a box of nickels it finally happened and made it all worth while. Probably not big money but worth more than a nickel now

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2056 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
nice find! It's always fun to find a error in the wild!

To give the best idea of the rotation, shoot one picture of the coin near a mirror. That way we see exactly how far the rotation is on the die.
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34227 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4036 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  4:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find! A picture of the coin in front of a mirror so we can see both sides would confirm the rotation. Nice catch John1!

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds

Pillar of the Community
United States
693 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  5:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ElonU to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome find! Love finding these Jefferson rotated dies.

How many roll did you search?
Always collecting silver wartime Jefferson nickels '42-'45!
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hail24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the best I can do fellas I haven't learned how to resize my pictures from my phone to be able to get them under 300MB. Taking them with my USB Microscope is so much easier since they are usually always under 300MB. Here are a few pictures I put the extra staple in there to show the rotation. Thanks and nice find John too bad mine is in much worse condition. Still fun to find. I think this is my 6th or 7th box of nickels, also found a 2009D, and a 1942P War Nickel so far. Still have half the box left so not doing too bad.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4036 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2x2 pics show the rotation well. Very nice and congratulations!

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds

Pillar of the Community
United States
1265 Posts
 Posted 05/25/2020  9:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes sir very nice rotation!
Pillar of the Community
United States
2143 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Halo1st to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Estimate 109 CW rotation with current images in the coin flip view. Thanks, Doug.
Second opinions are always recommended. Rookies thoughts!
Two sides to every coin. The edge makes three.
Side Note: Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don't.
Valued Member
United States
129 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Hail24 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks fellas! Like I said not a huge find but was more exciting because I always quickly flip just to check and finally it happened! I will take it kind of a cool find.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34227 Posts
 Posted 05/26/2020  04:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You might try and find a match on the rotated die site
I posted the link to give you an idea on value.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 386Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05