Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Coin Collection Software Recommendation?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,242Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8804 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  5:16 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use PCGS's built-in inventory system for my collection, with backups to Excel.

My Large Cents and Dansco's are all in separate Excel spreadsheets, so I can see at a glance if I have a variety/coin or not.

PCGS is a great way to track your inventory if you don't want to hassle with Excel or a dBase-type program.

Member ANA - EAC - TNA - SSDC
Specializing in 1932-1964 Washington quarters

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8804 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  5:23 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is an example from my PCGS (in this case, filtered to only look at Three Pence coins, and sorted by date)

It lets you add any coin in PCGS's database (raw or slabbed) and has built in fields for grade, purchase date, sale date, value, comments, and allows uploads of LOTS of pictures; you can also filter and sort.

You do not have to be a paying PCGS member to use their inventory system, only agree to the Registry Set disclaimers. Since it's entirely web-based, there's no need to learn Excel.

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done." -- Louis D. Brandeis
Pillar of the Community
United States
1101 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Google Sheets. It's free, customizable, and stored in the cloud. I also store backup PDF copies.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19348 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  09:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Use a spreadsheet (I use Excel). Most people have one.
Then you can have your inventory include whatever info you want.
And you can add/delete/modify the contents whenever you want.
You can even include links to any images you made of the coins.

Most people do use this.
just carl
Learn More...
United States
87772 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  09:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here is an example from my PCGS
Looking good!

Quote:
I use Google Sheets. It's free, customizable, and stored in the cloud.
This is how I view my spreadsheets on my smartphone.
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  2:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Larry Gosnell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am beginning to think that CoinManage USA 2020 is a one man operation. I purchased it $39.95 yesterday 24 hours ago through paypal and still have not got an email confirmation or activation code. They are not responding to emails and phone number goes to leave a message. Not a good feeling about this product that I wish I could get my money back on.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
8804 Posts
 Posted 05/29/2020  9:48 pm  Show Profile   Check paralyse's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add paralyse to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you purchased it through PP just open a PP case with their customer service and ask them to reverse the transaction due to goods not received.

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1432 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Excel. Dropdown lists and radio buttons are your friends. They are huge time-savers for data entry.
United States
40 Posts
 Posted 05/30/2020  10:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Larry Gosnell to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Update on CoinManage. I did finally receive product key 24 hours after purchase with paypal. I would say at this point poor communication. Slow to send email purchase verification and product key. Other than that, I like the software so far.
Learn More...
United States
87772 Posts
Valued Member
United States
115 Posts
 Posted 06/12/2020  10:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Erscolo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I switched from an excel spreadsheet with multiple tabs to Exact Change. I have had some issues (most were operator error), but those have been worked out. I now have nearly 1,100 items in the database and it is working well. I have yet to tackle the report writer. All of my coins are from the United States, and span the 1938-2020 time frame, except for two 1913 ten dollar gold pieces.
Edited by Erscolo
06/12/2020 10:23 pm
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 06/21/2020  01:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cowolter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use CoinManage on my PC to organize the whole collection. I also use PCGS's Set Registry for my slabbed stuff.

CoinManage and Numista both allow you to export as a spreadsheet. If neither is just what you're looking for, try using the programs just to make spreadsheets and then tweak those.
Edited by cowolter
06/22/2020 12:51 am
Valued Member
United States
199 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jason39305 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I use Numista as it is really easy to catalog your collection and assign values for what you paid for it. It has a lot of other neat features like value of silver/gold you have in your collection, etc.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 28 / Views: 1,242Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.87 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05