Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Help With Florin Coins

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 456Next Topic  

Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  11:26 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add predecimalcoll to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I want to sell these coins and need help grading them and also please! let me know if there is any coin that has extra value
Some coins are in excellent condition, almost looking un-circulated, but I wouldn't know how to grade them properly
Any help is welcome.
Photos are small size, but I can send more detailed photos of individual coins if it helps

Many thanks in advance!

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34125 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  12:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
87505 Posts
Pillar of the Community
United Kingdom
7010 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  1:49 pm  Show Profile   Check NumisRob's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add NumisRob to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and
The British florin (top left) is too worn to be worth much. I can't make out the date - is it 1920 or 1926? If 1920, only worth silver melt value in that condition. 1926 would have a small premium as it's a scarce date. This coin is 50% silver, like the 1947-64 Australian silver coins.

I'm sure the Australian collectors out there will chip in soon.
Valued Member
Australia
286 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Better pics of the 1945 and 1952 would be a help as these are the only ones that might have a better value. Don't expect too much as the place is awash with them.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
665 Posts
 Posted 05/27/2020  10:29 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
unc about 10-20 post 1945, pre-1945 is different and depends on date and variety and most important condition.

I Estimate it to be 105 dollar AUD at the moment however thats only from a quick glance.

grading is only an opinion and also note I don't think any would be worth professional grading.
Edited by ryurazu
05/27/2020 10:31 pm
Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  08:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add predecimalcoll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies. I have attached a photo of the 1926 florin and front & back of the 1945 and 1952

Any estimate of how much I can ask for them is welcome

Australia
6 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  08:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add predecimalcoll to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where is the best place to get a good price for the coins? I saw some coins for sale on Ebay but it's probably not the best option out there right?
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1495 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2020  01:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Probably online - in spite of the fees you'll probably get more money for them there.
Selling them to a dealer won't get you much I don't think.
Valued Member
Australia
275 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2020  06:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add echidna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These coins are worth bullion value only.
Maybe a slight premium for a couple.
Pillar of the Community
Australia
665 Posts
 Posted 06/08/2020  7:43 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the 1952 are pretty good especially the right side in the middle and the 1936 ones (note this is not profession advice, just some hobbyist have no bias), remember ebay cost 10% of final listing sold price invoice about 1 week to a month later, plus a paypal fee of about 2.5% so total about 12.5% is taken from you however if you are selling something with a very small market it might be worth letting people know on ebay as has more eyeball, note customer support is very bad tho.
Edited by ryurazu
06/08/2020 7:45 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
New Zealand
944 Posts
 Posted 06/23/2020  01:33 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Princetane to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those coins are deceptive in looking shiny and new, but in reality the condition is not UNC not even close.

The 1945 is gFine at best, George is very hazy, 1952 is a gVF - better - but still a $10 coin rather than $100.

Your 1926 UK is good to very good and maybe twice melt, a scarce date but not a great example.

Top row - VG, gFine, VF, gvg(1936), Fine
Next row - VF, VF, gFine, VG, AU (Coin on the right end is a stunner and very nice!)
Bottom row - 1927 VF, 1951 Fine/gFine, aVF, gVF and Fine.

The 1927. 51 and 54 Florins have little value above melt unless AU or UNC for the 2 50s ones.

I agree that $105 for lot is fair, and would start them at $80 for all of them.
Loving Halfcrowns. British and Commonwealth coins 1750 - 1950 and anything Kiwi.
If it's round, shiny and silvery I will love it.
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 456Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.65 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05