Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1960 D LMC, Not Even Going To Begin To Guess.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 336Next Topic  

United States
49 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  02:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Coinmaster111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
[green]1Has anybody ever seen anything like this. everything On here is risen../green]

Valued Member
United States
157 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  02:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos are really blurry. Hard to tell what you are referring to.

United States
49 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  03:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinmaster111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is the best I can do. But I can say this it looks like either stuck damage or a giant die clash something went wrong
Valued Member
Poland
77 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  03:20 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add norantyki to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like either severe corrosion from acidic soil, or possibly fire damage. Definitely PMD.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinmaster111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I thought too. But nope labs found:"1960 coin nothing foreign neither natural nor synthetic. Other than 0.000076 granth humanoid minerals, and 0.000006st. Elemental carrage. This 1960 d Lincoln penny is 98.2 percent consistent with the small cent mint of the stated date." Than it goes in to the deterioration of coin itself which says a bunch of stuff I can't understand but the end it says the "surface deterioration rate is a remarkable .002 CtCm post mintage." I called the lab to see what all that meant. And what I was hit with was a shock to say the very least. First they begged me for the coin back I said I must think about it. But then they told me was even more strange. They said as "Legend holds it that somebody who has or had lineage of Egyptian Pharisees performed certain rituals to an unknown task rather they were trying to link today's money to their ancestors so they wouldn't go without modern benefits but the coin itself made the physical changes on its own to demonstrate that link to his ancestors" at this point I'm thinking yeah right lady you ate to many shrooms but she goes on " there's something you must know about that coin whoever holds that coin and isn't the proper owner one of two things will happen 1 great riches Beyond one's imagination or two a tragic death of the Soul going to the ruins" at this I said enough and hung up the phone and immediately thrown the coin away. The end right nope the next morning that coin made it's way to my kitchen counter and I put it in a air tight container for safe keeping. I'm not crazy and typically don't believe in the hoccuspoccus stuff but I'll say this that I tried get rid of this coin four times and it always finds it way back. I hope the rightful owner comes to get it. (Yes I tried giving it back to the labs but after day 2 they had it overnight express back to me luck but true believe me I wish I was crazy. This was written by Virgil R.Eakin on 5/28/2020
Edited by Coinmaster111
05/28/2020 04:37 am
Valued Member
United States
473 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  04:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add lcutler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Either corrosion, some kind of foreign substance or fire damage. Definitely some sort of damage, I have no idea what that nonsense you posted is supposed to mean.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  04:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinmaster111 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm bored it's a story hope you enjoyed it #128518;
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2081 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  06:29 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ummm...
"Shine, shine, a Roosevelt dime
All the way to Baltimore and running out of time" - Tom Waits 'Clap Hands'

Valued Member
United States
308 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  10:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you enjoy coin collecting, stick with it, but you really need to quit with the storytelling - at least on this site.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45270 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  12:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Or glue and paper? It could be many things, just not a collectable.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 336Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.78 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05