Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

V Nickel Found And Lost With Other Rare Collection Stolen

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 618Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  07:52 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add red123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I came into possession when I was about 12 of a V nickel

I can not seem to find it ? I am now 55 , my guess it was taken about the same time my Barber coin collection was stolen along with a WWII german Dietch mark 1000 mark note picked up in germany by my grand mothers brother who was at the battle of the buldge ? she said he found a coffee can stuffed full of these notes in the rubble of a home while advancing through Germany
provenance of the V nickle
It was found in an empty lot caked with corrosion My younger cousin found it his older brother said it is only a penny to him then said give him a quarter for it ? I started to rub the caked on crud of coin to reveal a V nickel . odds are it is not the ubber rare one ? but what if ? the only circulated version ever lost found then lost again of 1913 V nickel , it was in my possession from about 1975 -1985 .

any way life goes on things are collected taken lost sold thrown away ? new treasures to be found and kept traded lost stolen

just thought it worth sharing the thought

other coin and currency collections stories but nothing as valuable as that V nickel might have been
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34248 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  08:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48849 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Pillar of the Community
United States
906 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  1:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Huh?
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Learn More...
United States
87672 Posts
Valued Member
United States
364 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  4:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
As far as I know, there are no lost 1913 V nickles.
Learn More...
United States
26418 Posts
 Posted 05/28/2020  4:53 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
All 5 made are accounted for.
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  2:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add red123 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found the coin it was a 1906 V nickel

but this story of coin collector,

a reclusive old man who lives on a small island goes for a walk ,

someone heard about this man and wanted to find him, so as he is walking , this guy pulls up in car . HE says I am looking for this guy ? the man walking says describe him ? the guy in the car says he is very reclusive and no one here seems to much about him . I hear he is very smart and wealthy ? I must find him I always find what I am looking for ,

so the guy on the country road on this island . says well if I see him I will let you know ? so the guy on the street pulls a pocket watch out of his pocket and drops some coins on the ground . he checks the time . the other guy in the car says well I am just wasting my time talking to you . the guy I'm looking for has things no one else has . He is very wealthy and intelligent then he drives off .

what does this have to do with coin collecting . the change in this guys pocket that he dropped on the ground. that he kept next to his pocket watch . a 1913 V nickel a 1909 VDB S penny Lincoln 1909 s Indian Head cent . 1914 d cent and couple old gold double eagles. that guy in the car did not know what he was looking at .

He thought he was looking at some modern brass dollars and small change .

the guy he was looking for was standing right next to him. he did not know what valuable old coins are and thought what he saw was some poor old guy with some pocket change next to his old pocket watch , instead of extremely rare valuable coins he kept in his pocket >

just a story that includes coins and knowing what you are looking at . just a story to pass the time , thank you
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2395 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  6:08 pm  Show Profile   Check Wade's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Wade to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Well well well...

I just hope that next time someone drops a million dollar+ coin, gold, and other assorted rarities that I am there to scoop them up before a space ship lands, and Elvis jumps out of it and beats me to my fortune.

Of course a Sasquatch riding a dragon could come save me from alien Elvis by dropping the Arc of the Covenant on him from above... but that's only if the unicorn doesn't scare him off first...

Pillar of the Community
United States
906 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  6:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard of old wise tales before.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
United States
38 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  4:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fredcdobbs to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Igzok mignop ibjeq ?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16657 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  5:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nov Shmoz Ka Pop?
Gary Schmidt
  Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 618Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05