Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Software To Use 2 Digital Microscopes At The Same Time;

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 421Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
53 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  10:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mrthrills to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have 2 inexpensive digital microscopes that I would like to find software for to allow both to be connected to my laptop at the same time. I use one for examining the coin and the other to take pics of the whole coin. I have to unplug the usb cable then plug in the cable for the other scope every time. Not really a big deal but if I had a way to keep both connected to the laptop it would be nice. Any suggestions. BTW neither of them are Dinolite.
Valued Member
United States
348 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  10:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know about software but you might want to consider a usb splitter. I use one on my desktop and am able to use 4 devices on one usb port.
I don't have this exact model, but something like it.
https://smile.amazon.com/USB-3-0-Hu...1078&sr=8-18
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  2:46 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrthrills to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
TY for that info. Just ordered one. It should arrive tomorrow. I think it will work just fine for my purpose. :)
Valued Member
United States
348 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  4:45 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Let me know if it helps. I'll check back in a day or two.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Valued Member
Australia
286 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add airgem to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would be interested to know if it works too. Don't think you could have 2 connected at the same time. I would think you would still have to disconnect one, or maybe turn one off at least. Your operating system won't handle two at the same time.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
587 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  6:18 pm  Show Profile   Check JohnWayne007's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add JohnWayne007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The splitter will only make it possible to physically hook up two microscopes to your computer, but not within the program, you will have to manually switch between microscope 1 and microscope 2 but will not show simultaneously.
They say coin roll hunting is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get.... I think it went something like that, I was too busy looking at coins.

This is my very first error coin I found that got me hooked.
- 1989 Belize 25 Cent's with a Doubled Die Reverse http://goccf.com/t/362747
Pillar of the Community
United States
1747 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  6:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The software will likely ask which one you want to use and should give you the option to switch any time you choose. But yeah, only one at a time.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
Valued Member
United States
53 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  5:43 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrthrills to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Alph2814 is correct. The software has the option to choose which scope to use so it does make it easier. No more unplugging and plugging back in. You can even leave both USB ports that the scopes are plugged into turned on.
Canada
2 Posts
 Posted 06/09/2020  12:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cowolter to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is a free one for dino-lite microscopes, not sure if it'll work with other ones but worth a try:
https://www.dino-lite.com/download.php

ToupView, Amscope and other dedicated microscopy applications are also great for inserting scale measurements.

http://www.touptek.com/product/show...ng=en&id=103
https://onplanners.com/invitations/...e-date-cards
Edited by cowolter
06/09/2020 12:56 am
Valued Member
United States
54 Posts
 Posted 06/27/2020  7:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsteel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

have you tried the dino-lite capture software? It can use two microscopes
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 421Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.52 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05