Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

With All The Turmoil We've Been Having !

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 2,940Next Topic
Page: of 3
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13655 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  6:52 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Gold & Silver rises out of coma . Will they keep rising or will they fall again ?
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Pillar of the Community
United States
2207 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  7:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Arkie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17092 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Never mind about PM's.
The situation is starting to remind me a bit of the situation before the French Revolution of 1789, where the poor rose up in revolt, or the social / economic conditions in Germany in 1923.
Both resulted in a drastic change to an even worse style of government.

Yes, I agree that PM prices may skyrocket, but public safety is far more important.
In one possible worst case scenario, you may not be even able to buy or sell your PM's when you need to.
Learn More...
United States
16448 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The situation is starting to remind me a bit of the situation before the French Revolution of 1789

You mean when you were a lad attending university @sel?
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
7117 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Check GrapeCollects's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add GrapeCollects to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
My PM investments have switched from gold and silver to lead and brass... I live not far from the anarchy.....
My best finds: 1999-WAM:http://goccf.com/t/332161 1988-RDV-6:http://goccf.com/t/335954#2873459 1986-Off-center: http://goccf.com/t/335952
1999 WAM #2:http://goccf.com/t/338710&whichpage=1
1981 Double Struck In Collar: http://goccf.com/t/350199&whichpage=1
ANA id: 3194067
My Type Set: https://www.NGCcoin.com/registry/co...sets/236574/
If you want to buy something or sell something or just talk, shoot me a PM!
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17092 Posts
 Posted 06/01/2020  9:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Spence: Studied this sort of history in High school.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3289 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  4:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know where it's going....just stopped in my LCS and he's asking 26.50/ASE.... Last time silver was over/around 18/oz he was at 2 dollars over spot ( before covid)
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3976 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Print$ print$ print$! Who knows what will happen!
When I listen to LED ZEPPELIN...so do my neighbors...
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 06/02/2020  7:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MrUpwardlyMobile to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Those ASE come with the highest premiums anywhere. What is the allure of buying them? Is it just the size? I can't comprehend why they're so much more expensive than Walking Liberty half dollars
Learn More...
United States
87999 Posts
 Posted 06/03/2020  10:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Print$ print$ print$
BASIC programming flashbacks.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
831 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  12:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add luvmyCAM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where I currently live social unrest minimal, people are too occupied trying to locate employment or get by on unemployment benefits. Get out quite a bit walking biking fishing and chat it up with mellenials finances usually come up and I pepper them with how their getting buy. Few I speak to have even a basic knowledge of silver/gold as emergency hedge and none are able to articulate a food supply plan for + 60 days. But most importantly few have an emergency fund to pay rent and utilities for 90 days. My gut instinct tells me things have changed and the roaring teens are over. My coming of age in late 70's taught me a few lessons: cash is king, nobody is handing you anything less you work for it, don't trust anyone with a loan except mom and dad maybe, saving a little something each week, and buy food on sale in batch quantity.
I wore K-mart square toed sneakers, pullover sweatshirts, and toughskin jeans.
They wore converse, JC Penny shirts, and Levis.
Complex...ya dang right and it paid dividends when time came to slap cash on bankers counter for first set of wheels and first house. Seemed to me hip people were kinda dense about money like they are now it was no biggie to them. For me its wllways been tight always been tough and always will be. I was so country I didn't care about hip stuff besides I figured out as I got older being corny was cool.
Here's my take from someone who had paid vacations to Panama, Iraq, DMZ Korea,former West/East German (that was gravy duty) border and alot of trailer courts outside back gates of Army bases - we live in an unpredictable world that's actually quite challenging and somewhat sinister. Fly right and walk straight everything turns out eventually to be just ok and to me ok is doing good.
Silver...glad I bought a bag when it was $15.00 gold...mistake not buying all I could. Food, natural hoarder anyway so good there. All this being said my sincere wish is things settle back down and not a big crash. My backbone tells me long term depression possible.
Now maybe coin prices will drop on 1916 D Dimes
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3976 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  05:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Those ASE come with the highest premiums anywhere. What is the allure of buying them? Is it just the size? I can't comprehend why they're so much more expensive than Walking Liberty half dollars
Well for one, ASE's are two and a half times the size of a Walker, and they're .999 fine.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13655 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  07:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Now maybe coin prices will drop on 1916 D Dimes

Don't hold your breath . As well as the 09-S VDB & The 16 SLQ .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17092 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  07:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have had a reasonable platinum stash for quite some time.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3781 Posts
 Posted 06/04/2020  8:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Joe2007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Precious metals will remain strong until economic and political uncertainty decreases. With COVID-19 continuing to spread across the globe and disrupting economies and a potential vaccine being at least 6 months away I personally think precious metals will go further up in the months to come. 30% unemployment and the great damage to the economy is going to take years, possibly a decade to rectify. The recent social unrest adds another layer of complexity, further putting strain on small business, causing additional job losses and bankruptcies during the most inopportune time possible.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3976 Posts
 Posted 06/05/2020  05:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fistfulladirt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Joe2007 I don't understand. PM's haven't done much at all for almost 10 years now. They even seemed stronger before all the turmoil going on lately. There aren't even free markets anymore. I don't see that changing any time soon.
Roll hunting since '77
Dirt fishing since '72
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 42 / Views: 2,940Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.81 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05