Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Showing Off Collections?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 427Next Topic  

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  07:27 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bgl379475 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I am fairly new to the Canadian Coin Collecting scene and was wondering if people would be willing to show off their collections so I could maybe get some ideas for how I want to store/display my collection? Or if no pictures explain how they do it?

Thanks,

Brett
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34235 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  07:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Have you tried using the search box, upper left of page?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48838 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  07:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good suggestion!

to the CCF!
Valued Member
Canada
235 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silver101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've always thought it would be great to have a systematic way to do this. The registry sets thing at PCGS is great but it's also sort of limited to PCGS-graded coins. It would be terrific to be able to post photos of as much as one wants to share. Graded and ungraded, or graded by various organizations and have discussions about what people are collecting and why. Discussions about the strengths and weaknesses of various coins could be hugely educational and it might draw more people into the hobby who are until 50....the internet generation and all that.

Which doesn't answer @bgl379475's question - just thinking out loud.
Valued Member
United Kingdom
369 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  09:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TobyJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have Whitman albums for Canadian Dollars. I don't have that many in the 1935 to 1952 Volume 1, but I have gotten quite far with Volume two 1953 to 1967.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3490 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  10:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Many people have shown their collections a number of times. using the search feature should turn up any number of them. The dansco 7070 type set is a popular one. I don't know if they make a similar album for Canadian types.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1793 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  10:43 am  Show Profile   Check gidjit's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add gidjit to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
this is how I do it
my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
please check out my collection of large cents from 1858 - 1920 (click link below, you DO NOT need a facebook account to view)
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...l=4b87156114
also you can see my collection of 1859 die pairs here
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/...47995&type=3
Pillar of the Community
United States
1987 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is my small cent collection.

Here is my large cent collection.

United States
32 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bgl379475 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks to all for the pictures and advice. I know Canadian coins are different in diameter than US which makes it harder to find supplies. It would appear the Lighthouse albums may be the way to go. As I am not seeing many other options.
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 427Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05