Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

New "Sticker" Service: Eye Appeal Seal. Opinions?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 357Next Topic  
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  1:03 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add MorganMan70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I had been checking eBay for a high grade 1921 Morgan dollar, as my current coin was AU-55, and did not have much eye appeal. I ran into this listing, which I had seen before and brushed off. It advertises a new sticker "eye appeal seal" which I had never heard of previously. I checked out their website, and it definitely seems interesting, though a bit overpriced. What do you guys make of this service?

Note: eyeappealseal states that the minimum sticker price is $100, yet this Morgan is only listed at $80 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-PCGS-...AOSwTztevsHD

http://www.eyeappealseal.com/

Another question: If I contact the seller and am able to get a cert number on the specific coin I receive, is the price worth it? I have no idea how much the sticker improves value.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34235 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  1:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The eye appeal seal looks like common hype to me. Don't fall for it.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I wouldn't give the sticker any value at all. In looking at their website, I don't see any indication of who these people are or where they are located. Besides, eye appeal is in the eye of the beholder. Some people may like toned coins, others may find them unappealing ect, To pay someone 100 to 300 dollars for them to say the coin looks good to them is in my opinion ridiculous. Pass.
I may be wrong on this, just my personal opinion.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13612 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  1:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't need anyone telling me a certain coin has great eye appeal I can see and tell for myself .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
United States
6 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  2:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add MorganMan70 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hrm, I do agree that maybe it is pricey and unecessary, but should I go for it anyway? The coin itself (without any designations) is around $50, so I'm really paying $30 for a new sticker for my collection.
Valued Member
United States
350 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  2:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DeputyMax to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Pass. You can pick up a nice example of this coin slabbed for a lot less.
I never met a man I didn't like - Will Rogers
I never met a half dollar I didn't like - DeputyMax
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34235 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  3:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
http://cheapslabs.com/cart/index.ph...earch_list&s[title]=Y&s[short_desc]=Y&s[full_desc]=Y&s[sku]=Y&s[match]=all&s[cid]=0&s[search]=1921
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
48838 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  3:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree, no bargain here.

to the CCF!
Valued Member
Canada
474 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  5:48 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Price seems alright and the coin looks nice, the sticker is just a marketing gimmick as far as I can see though.
Edited by Numis-Northerner
06/30/2020 5:49 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
6303 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  9:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The sticker is hype just like slabbing services and CAC stickers started out as. Its all about marketers trying to cash in on the members of a hobby by inventing a new service. This is just how business works.

If this type of sticker can hang around long enough, people will start seeing this sticker as being legit as well. And as time goes on less and less people care to do research into what they actually are getting when they pay the businesses for their services. Hence reputations rise, money is taken in, more and more marketers see an opportunity andtry to get in on the cash flow.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3512 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  9:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jimbucks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Gimmick. Cheapens it as far s I'm concerned. What's next "as seen on home shopping club" ?
Valued Member
United States
206 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  11:27 am  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I smell a scam. "Submissions must be made through an authorized dealer, a list of whom will be published at a later date." Well then how the heck did that ebay seller submit them? And the $100 isn't the minimum sticker price. It's the minimum fee. Who would pay $100 to submit a $50 coin? Plus the eye appeal on that coin isn't that great. For all we know, that whole website was just made up by that ebay dealer.

No contact phone number, no address, just an email. I'm a big NO on this one.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  12:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinsteel to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HECK NO - I searched for "eye appeal seal" on ebay and only found four. ALL BELONGING TO THAT SAME SELLER. Not worth a penny more than the coins value imo.

BTW seller's website same internet domain registrar as eyeappealseal.com fwiw.

added:
eyeappealseal.com formatting looks amazingly like the sellers website format http://www.certifiedcity.net

It's gotta be this sellers sticker service. I wouldn't call it a scam, he's entitled to start a new business , I wouldn't put any value on it imo.
Edited by Coinsteel
07/01/2020 12:14 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1751 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Alpha2814 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Like Coinsteel said, he's entitled to start a new business. The eyeappealseal site does claim "Eye Appeal Seal™ is a work in progress and always improving. We expect to announce exciting innovations in the coming months and years." They gotta start somewhere. But with their pricing model and primary selling point being "yeah, that's pretty" I wouldn't count on the "coming years" part, and with it, any premium.
Working on: Indian quarter eagles, Chinese pandas, and San Francisco tokens; upgrading my Peace dollar and US Type sets

"Fear is the enemy of will. Will is what makes you take action; fear is what stops you, and makes you weak."
-- Sinestro to (my avatar) Hal Jordan, "Green Lantern" (2011)
  Previous TopicReplies: 13 / Views: 357Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05