Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1969 Lincoln Cent Double Die And Machine Doubling?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 276Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
55 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  5:16 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Is this the 1969 double die and machine doubleing

Pillar of the Community
United States
1833 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  5:17 pm  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm seeing both MD and DDD.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Error Want List (Important): http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Pillar of the Community
United States
2880 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  5:54 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't see much from these photos. Better

Larger photos are needed if we're going to be able to help you. Both sides overall, and larger images of the area in question.

a va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  6:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm getting pictures of front and back but this is a picture of 1 and 9 of date
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34235 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You are going to have to find a way to take and post better photos,just sayin'
Congrats on 50 posts...contest time?
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Edited by John1
07/01/2020 06:03 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
2880 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
For the close-up, we need much larger sharp photos, much larger than postage stamp size. We really want to help you!

a va bien aller
Pillar of the Community
United States
1833 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:09 pm  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Based on the most recent photo, Machine Doubling.
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Error Want List (Important): http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
More pictures

Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  7:28 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There definitely is machine doubleing but that 6 doesn't look like machine doubleing. In person it does look ddd it's looks like the third doubleing is sitting right in between the first two
Pillar of the Community
United States
2880 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  9:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great photos! Those are perfect, thank you! I know it's hard, but one you get it, it becomes easier as you do more.

To be brutally honest, I'm not seeing ANY doubling anywhere. I know you mentioned the date, but where else are you seeing doubling? This appears to me to be a normal 1969-S cent (fingerprints in the field obverse, but otherwise normal).

edit: OK, I now see the upper section above the nine, but that's all. I have been wrong before, so maybe someone will see something else

a va bien aller
Edited by merclover
06/30/2020 9:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
1037 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  9:34 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm seeing evidence of Machine Doubling in the early photos. The '69 S cents are notorious for Machine Doubling in the date and mint mark area. I have a couple tubes of them stored away--I like 'em.
Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  11:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That cant be machine doubleing on the six is it ? On the r of liberty it's clearly machine doubled but notice how top one seems lower if it was just machine doubleing alone I don't think it would be sitting so low then it would make the top part of the r really big

Valued Member
United States
55 Posts
 Posted 06/30/2020  11:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Amunoz91 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ive noticed on the 1969 DDO it's looks likes there is something running from the 1 to the 9 just like my coin it's kind of hard to see but it looks like something is there

Valued Member
United States
323 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  02:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am also just seeing MD and some DDD especially on the 6. The last two comparison pics are good evidence of that.

The true DDO will quite literally look like a doubled image, maintain the same/ similar roundness of the original devices.

MD on the other hand has the shelf like appearance. It has a very flat, squared off appearance. It also creates more of a ghost image, if you will, of the original devices, rather than enlarging the actual devices.

Hopefully not too confusing there.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34235 Posts
 Posted 07/01/2020  06:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amunoz91,
Those big photos are great,keep doing that but crop a little better. I am seeing MD and maybe some DDD but not a DDO. Check the three doubled die site to get familiar with doubled dies.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 14 / Views: 276Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 2.37 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05