Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Multistamped, Mutidated, Upside Down, Mint Errors, Obverse And Reverse.

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 374Next Topic  

United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  4:32 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wwhite0905 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message

Pillar of the Community
United States
6427 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  5:33 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sandwich three pennies on a hard surface. Hit with a hammer. Note what the middle one looks like...very much like yours.

The incuse and backwards lettering impressed into your penny is just one giveaway.

The same kind of damaged coin can be produced with a vice.

Nothing like this can come from the mint according to how coins are made.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Edited by Earle42
07/02/2020 5:35 pm
Valued Member
United States
314 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  6:17 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fplagge to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Agree. Most likely done in a vice.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3236 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  6:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Vice job, two coins squeezed together (note the backward date/lettering, dead giveaway!).

to the CFF!

ça va bien aller
United States
1 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  7:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wwhite0905 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info. I had no idea at all. I am not coin savvy.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17191 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Explosive impact techniques will produce the best results for this type of 'error'.

If the faker spends this amount of effort to produce this type of explosive impact 'error',
the product could be collectible, provided it is sold as a shed job, and the price is low enough.
Learn More...
United States
16701 Posts
 Posted 07/02/2020  9:23 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
the price is low enough.

My price for this coin would be 1˘ as I don't see mutilation as being desirable. For me this coin is a spender.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
88915 Posts
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 374Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05