Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

As A New Collector Where Do I Get Coins I'm Looking For?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 341Next Topic  
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  11:30 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add chboro to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I did post as a New member. I am looking for suggestions on where I should look to fill gaps in my coin folders. Such as; Lincoln cents, Quarters, Dimes, Nickels etc. I have a few folders that just need a few coins to complete them. Do I search Ebay? Go to my bank and buy rolls or what? Not a lot of actual money changing hands these days. I'm just currently working with the modern years back to the 40's. Let me know best places, websites to look. Thanks in advance.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1562 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  1:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add southsav to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

You have many resources and methods to accomplish this. Make a list of your needs and wants, you can get coin rolls From banks and search them re-rolling them and exchange them for new rolls. It can be time consuming but the search and hunt is fun.

You can also visit local coin shops (LCS), go to coin shows and search internet sites like eBay.

Don't overpay, do your research.

Check CCF rules, after a certain number of posts you can solicit from members here who would be eager to help you fill your holes.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
13765 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  1:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To CCF , If your collecting moderns your best bet would be CRH'ing . Problem is right now may be tough because most banks don't have that many rolls of coins due to Covid-19 . But as mentioned there are plenty of sources to buy coins via Internet .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3539 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  5:11 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the CCF!

If you go to the coin roll hunting forum, you might be able to get a good idea how many rolls you would need to search to find all the missing coins. Then you can decide if it is worth the trouble.
Valued Member
United States
93 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TimNH to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The answer depends on if the coins are worth more than face value. Any dime or quarter 1964 and earlier, you will (almost) never get in rolls because they are 90% silver. Likewise any Wheat penny, War Nickel (35% silver), etc. For those, you need to buy it on eBay or some such. All else, seems a shame to pay more than face value (plus shipping) so if you enjoy the hunt, keep hunting!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
3595 Posts
 Posted 07/10/2020  10:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tdziemia to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

These are strange times, and some of the normal avenues, like getting coin rolls from banks may not be possible right now.

eBay is the largest market for US coin sales, so it is always a good place to consider. As pointed out by others, do your research so you know what things are selling for.
If you need advice on how to do that, just ask here.

Bedrock of the Community
United States
19401 Posts
 Posted 07/11/2020  08:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Your going to have it a bit tuff now. So much as stopped due to the virus. Just take your time and keep looking around.
just carl
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 341Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.45 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05