Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1982 P Quarter W/ Die Chip?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 214Next Topic  
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  01:32 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add fruitofmycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

This quarter looks like it's been through the wringer. I am pretty sure this quarter has a die chip on Washington's brow. I need help determining what is PMD and if this is worth anything more than face value.

I look forward to your responses.

Edited by fruitofmycoins
07/12/2020 01:53 am
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10694 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  02:45 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, I think everything seen there is PMD. It looks like it may have been subjected to high heat. Max value is $0.25.
In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  02:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fruitofmycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The bubbles on the obverse are solid and do not depress when poked and the reverse does not show any depression indicating that the damage goes through. I am not sure if that changes your opinion but I thought I should add that piece of info.
Pillar of the Community
United States
3222 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  04:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately it difficult to tell much about your quarter other than it has been the victim of some sort of post mint damage ( PMD), not a mint error and no premium due to the damage. Good news is it's still worth face value of 25 cents. Sorry. Keep searching!
ša va bien aller
Learn More...
United States
16672 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@fomc, thx adding that info about the bubble feeling solid, but I still agree with @spruett. We see these so-called campfire coins with some frequency.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
44 Posts
 Posted 07/12/2020  06:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fruitofmycoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks everyone. The search continues. :)
  Previous TopicReplies: 5 / Views: 214Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.5 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05