Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1959 D/D/D Lincoln Memorial Cent RPM-001, FS-501

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 327Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2444 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  01:18 am Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Had an extra hour late tonight after packing for my next run. Found two of these in a roll. The other is probably MS-64 pushing 65 and this one is MS-65 pushing MS-66.

1959 D/D/D (southeast, west) Lincoln Memorial cent RPM-001, FS-501 Stage-D

Edited by tropicalbats
07/13/2020 01:20 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
3232 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  02:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow! You can easily see the rpm not even zoomed in! Beautiful coin!
ša va bien aller
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  09:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add pound_foolish to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good to have ya back! Lovely coin.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4143 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  11:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Amazing find! This is a spectacular variety.

-CH27
"Time is the coin of life. Only you can determine how it will be spent" -Carl Sandburg

Collector of Varieties and Errors of all kinds

Pillar of the Community
United States
1070 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinTheTerm to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats tropicalbats really nice coin!
Valued Member
United States
231 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  3:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sheldius to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice coin. Going to get it graded?
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45743 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  3:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Do you know what is my favorite RPM for that year? 1959-D RPM-009:

D/D/D/D.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2444 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:07 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks all! But not sure I'm back yet as already today I drove 9 hours to Michigan and unsure I'll have time for coins again anytime soon. My summer schedule changes radically nearly every day, so maybe I'll be around again for a bit, maybe not. Tomorrow I drive 9 hours back to PA so maybe another day at home before next thing.

And yes, this one will get graded, and maybe the other one as well. For this variety it seems that roughly MS-64 is break even for grading and above that worth it. MS-65 is going around $80 so can't see not grading this one, and if it goes 66 then a fair bit more value although honestly would just go in my collection if it grades 66 as it would be an upgrade for me.

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
135 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jpgrajek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Wow, very nice find. I have noticed with this pandemic and coin shortage I am seeing more older coins. Mostly LMC and Jefferson nickels.

Again, Very nice!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2444 Posts
 Posted 07/13/2020  10:59 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes, the coin shortage. I haven't gone to my bank and asked for a box of pennies lately, but wonder if that is even possible anymore.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2137 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  12:15 am  Show Profile   Check SilverCents's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SilverCents to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Spectacular find Bats!

Hope things aren't too stressful with moving around. Good luck with the drive to PA!
"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get." - Forrest Gump

Variety Want List: http://goccf.com/t/373255
Best DDO Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/375247#3218314
Best LMC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378053
Best LSC DDR Found CRHing: http://goccf.com/t/378041
  Previous TopicReplies: 10 / Views: 327Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05