Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1990 D Jefferson Nickel Rmm And Possible Damaged Planchet

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 222Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
88 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  12:02 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tooboocoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello again I'm going to try it again here I have a 1990D Jefferson nickel that appears to have a RMM and something happening below the lettering on the right side of the obverse,and it's not a stain thanks for looking
Bedrock of the Community
United States
34736 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  1:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Could use a better photo,but looks like DDD and maybe a stain. Most think that RPM's are no longer possible starting in 1990.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
45654 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  2:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps a cup holder coin. The outline form another nickel, that the cola left a stain on.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
07/14/2020 2:38 pm
Valued Member
United States
88 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tooboocoo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I guess nobody saw where it says it's not a STAIN what you see is a raised ridge under the lettering,which must have been like that prior to being punched I would think why wouldnt it stain on the letters aswell and not just in between the lettering and definitely not the mark of another coin thanks again
Learn More...
United States
16648 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  6:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@tbc, the mintmark looks more damaged then a RPM (and cannot exist after 1989 in any case). I see what you are talking about with the arc-like raised section around LIBERTY and the date, but am not sure what it is. A planchet error most likely would have been leveled out during the striking process.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
United States
34736 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  6:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Step 1,100% acetone bath
Step 2, post photos better than the previous ones.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
3200 Posts
 Posted 07/14/2020  7:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
better
ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 222Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.54 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05