Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1987-D FS Jefferson Nickel, For Grading

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 555Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  10:10 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
tried to capture the surfaces best I could, coin is very prooflike in hand, luster is very satiny.

Candidate for ms67FS?

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
49623 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  10:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll say MS-67, super example.
Pillar of the Community
United States
701 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  10:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add nick10 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
the difference in reflectivity between obverse and reverse gives me pause, MS66
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  10:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Came directly from a mint cello as you see it, so I know it hasn't been tampered with, reverse has a bit more frost to the luster, obverse is very Prooflike.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16529 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  11:39 pm  Show Profile   Check BadThad's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BadThad to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's a beautiful nickel, I can see mirror like luster. 67
Lincoln Cent Lover!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1263 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  11:46 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Strong MS66. Seeing a number of light contact marks. Nice coin.
Valued Member
United States
265 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikem007 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
MS66FS
Pillar of the Community
United States
550 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  9:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nieuw to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Superb coin! I'll definitely have to say a strong MS-66 with no doubt FS
Bedrock of the Community
United States
21181 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  10:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IndianGoldEagle to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice. MS-66FS
Pillar of the Community
United States
520 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  2:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great looking coin! I think the reverse will hold it to MS66 as well! Depends how tough they want to be, but should get FS.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
1507 Posts
 Posted 07/23/2020  8:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fortcollins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
They must exist somewhere on earth, but I can't remember ever seeing a 1980s Denver Jeff graded MS-67FS. For that matter, MS-66FS is darned scarce, but at least I've see a couple.

I wonder if 67FS is just a bridge too far for the TPGs.

Your coin is a beauty. I just don't think it's possible to persuade a TPG to go 67FS.
Pillar of the Community
United States
580 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  11:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add KYCopperCoins to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I agree, TPG are weird, there are 3 graded ms67fs by PCGS, of which when I compare to the Trueviews they have, mine appears to have less hits, one of theirs even looks to have an abrasion below monticello, so who knows. I feel like I'd be dumb to not at least send it in for their "opinion".

Don't you agree?
Valued Member
United States
155 Posts
 Posted 07/24/2020  11:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add captaincoffee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The most recent eBay sale for a 1987D graded MS66FS by PCGS sold for $9.50. I think yours is a beauty, but only you can decide if getting it graded is worth it.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1168 Posts
 Posted 07/26/2020  09:03 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CollegeBarbers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Candidate for ms67FS?

The hit above Jefferson's eyebrow and the other light contact marks holds this coin back from MS-67. I'm also at MS-66FS. Nice find!
Brazil
18 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  10:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add FullStepper to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I smiled when I seen this nickel. Is that a small nick above the eyebrow? If it is, still the overall beauty is there. For sure it would fit in a registry set.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9009 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  10:41 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add panzaldi to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
i think it holds at MS66FS. it even has FS stamped right on the front
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 17 / Views: 555Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Coin Community Member eBay Sales

Certified Coins   Certified VAMs   Certified Errors  

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.72 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05