Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2013 $2 Queen Elizabeth Coronation "C" Mintmark Coin

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 412Next Topic  

Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  03:22 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add JimmyGee to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Why is the 2013 $2 Queen Elizabeth Coronation coin such a high price and why is the price range so much. There's a few on ebay ranging from $550 to $849 and an average price of $650:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2013-2-...184366052848

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2013-Tw...233614838014

There is also an APCGS MS-62 graded coing available for $999 on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2013-Au...274430954382

I was wondering if anyone knows what the correct price is for this coin and also if it's worth investing in at that price?

Thank you
Edited by JimmyGee
07/21/2020 03:55 am
Pillar of the Community
Australia
630 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coaster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ebay hype maybe ... if you're after a 2013 purple coronation I'd forget the ridiculously priced 'C' mint carded version and just pick up a standard circulated coin.

These circulated coins are showing increased value as it's forerunner, the 2012 red poppy, is becoming much harder to come by so I feel that they are a good investment.
Formerly nancyc
Australia
5172 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  05:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nevol to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
There is also an APCGS MS-62 graded coing available for $999 on ebay:
Stay away from any APCGS graded coins! Now defunct grading service.
life is a mystery to be lived not a problem to be solved
Pillar of the Community
Australia
777 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  7:00 pm  Show Profile   Check ryurazu's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ryurazu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
C Mark mint is only card and was never release in circulation, card only version.

These are more difficult to price as certain thing might affect the price due to such limited numbers the higher quality BU might be worth more, however everyone price is different. Even numbering might affect price e.g 00001 might get 50%+ premiums or even more depending on collectibility of coin.

Overpriced? Well that's relative if supply is low and demand is high then price go up to compensate, cause supply doesn't really increase much.
Australia
8 Posts
 Posted 07/22/2020  01:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JimmyGee to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou everyone for your replies. I might have a bid on the $550 priced coins and try my luck. I can't seem to find anywhere else to get one right now, most dealers are sold out.
Australia
4 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  07:04 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add NickWilliams2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The 2013-C sometimes sells upwards of $800 mate lol. I really do hope you got that coin at $550, because as expensive as it may sound... it's actually a bargain for this coin. If you have any money left over, I would try and get hold of the 2014-C as the mintage on that coin [according to Renniks 2019] has the lowest mintage out of the lot [27,500].
Pillar of the Community
Australia
1546 Posts
 Posted 08/24/2020  06:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Mr T to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Quite an increase on the purchase price!
Valued Member
Australia
216 Posts
 Posted 09/01/2020  3:50 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add David Graham to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Jimmygee - You may already be aware however when judging prices on Ebay use the advanced search option and select sold items. This will give you a better idea what the coin is worth rather than what Ebay dreamers want you to pay.
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 412Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.05 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05