Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A 1947 Henning Nickel

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 769Next Topic
Page: of 2

United States
23 Posts
 Posted 07/20/2020  11:39 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Dawn and Cait to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
My spouse and I have just found a wonderful 1947 Henning nickel. It was featured on coin Q and A.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5435 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  12:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
My spouce and I have just found a wonderful 1947 henning nickel. It was featured on coin Q and A.

Dawn & C... of the found 1947 Henning. Congrats...They are tough to find! Thanks!

Edited by westernsky
07/21/2020 12:53 am
Learn More...
United States
89942 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  1:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to the Community!

Your reply was split into its own topic for the proper attention.

Uploading Photos

Free Image Optimizer
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50371 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  2:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

to the CCF!
Bedrock of the Community
United States
35465 Posts
 Posted 07/21/2020  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
to CCF. We would like to see photos of your find. You can also use the search box,upper left of page and type Henning nickel in it for lots of info and photos.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  12:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dawn and Cait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I cannot seem to get my pics to upload
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  01:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dawn and Cait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This forum seems difficult to load pics
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5435 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  01:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Once you have your picture sized and cropped properly (using The Image Optimizer tool) then save THAT picture as a new file. Next, switch to Full Reply, then download that SAVED image to your post using the Download Image tool.

Hope that helps.

Edited by westernsky
08/01/2020 01:57 am
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/01/2020  02:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dawn and Cait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
*** Private information removed by Staff. Please do not post your address/email/phone number etc. ***
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  01:27 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dawn and Cait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
20200730_Resized_Screenshot_20200629
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  01:30 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dawn and Cait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have wonderful pics however absolutely cannot figure out how to post them..when I try to crop it just shows small section of coin
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5435 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  10:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I understand your frustration when working with the imaging tools. It can be frustrating. Been there, done that!

Do you have a computing geek friend that might be able to help you? That's what I ended up having to do. Good luck!

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5435 Posts
 Posted 08/04/2020  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
......And it's not so much "cropping" the image that matters it's SIZING the picture that counts, too.. Cropping equals width and height while sizing refers to image density. Both are important, but they are two different factors when working with images.
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  1:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dawn and Cait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have pics uploaded but cannot seem to get them to the post
United States
44 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  1:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add EDM to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I've just recently learned of Henning Nickels. Back when I was a teenager in the early 1970's, a fellow in our coin club gave me a roll of 1947 nickels and said something about them being "funny". I still have them but I've never even looked at them. Is the crippled "R" the best way to tell a Henning from a legit?
United States
23 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  1:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Dawn and Cait to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The looped R along with the weight are the best ways
My Henning weighs 5.4 grams
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 22 / Views: 769Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05