Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1934-S Walking Liberty Blast White Example...thoughts On Grade?

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 781Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community
United States
1085 Posts
 Posted 09/21/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can't argue that.

Thanks for the update.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6630 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  03:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Its STILL a beautiful Walker.
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Bedrock of the Community
Australia
17398 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  07:35 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add sel_69l to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
To my eye, none of the pictures show it as 'cleaned' - no minor hair lines indicative of cleaning, or disturbance of luster to suggest that it has been cleaned.
Blast white helps in this case with eye appeal, despite the fact that tiny nicks and scratches more easily show up.

I will have to admit (and I have said it often), I will not commit to any purchase until I have examined carefully in hand and with critical grading, with a 10x loupe (just as the TPGraders should do)
That is the advantage that PCGS had with this coin that we don't.
Nevertheless, I feel reluctant to change my original opinion of
MS-62

A desirable coin, and in an absolute sense, I would be perfectly satisfied with it.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14156 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  08:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am terribly disappointed in my call on this coin . All I saw was a beautiful Lusterful WLH with EDS . Yes I did notice faint scratches on the fields but dismissed that as being very light chatter from being in a bag .NOT a details cleaned coin .> I wouldn't let it bother me . Crack it out of that slab and put it into an air-tite holder , enjoy !
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 19 / Views: 781Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05