Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Unmarked Uncirculated Dollar Bill

First page | Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 1,777Next Topic
Page: of 3
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You don't have enough posts to sell, you also can't sell on forums.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:12 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunnee50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh! I had someone in here tell me to come back when I was ready and that someone here might be interested? I don't know all the rules here but I don't understand why me not posting much would have anything to do with it. If I have something that someone is interested in, why not?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2638 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not the owner of the forum, but there are several reasons like you haven't established a presence on here so we don't know who you are, this forum is for education not really selling. There are others but mostly there is a terms of service agreed to when you signed up and the terms of service don't allow you to offer items for sale until you have 250 posts and you must do it on one of the buy/sell forums.
Edited by hfjacinto
10/20/2020 11:39 am
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
If I have something that someone is interested in, why not?
Because we have been burned before.

Buy/Sell/Trade Rules
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:28 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunnee50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh okay, so very sorry, I didn't know.
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  11:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
No worry. Stick around and learn some things. We are here to help.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2900 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  12:55 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd like to talk to member Sunnee50.
Sunnee50, please click on my name and send me an email.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  1:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunnee50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm sorry, it says because I am new I don't have access to the email system and the rules state that we can't post emails on the site.
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  3:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunnee50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here are the pictures of the encapsulated bill with the grading. He said we have a pretty valuable note here, just 6 pts from perfect.
The cause of this was the machine ran out of ink.

Pillar of the Community
United States
2900 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  4:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SteveInTampa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations on the grade.
I looked through my error guide, and there are zero examples like yours shown with notes titled Insufficient Inking. Your note shows up multiple times under Missing Overprint. I hate to say it, but I think PMG got it wrong. How does both the black and green ink used in the overprint run out at the same time ? PMG mislabeled an error note I submitted a while back. I had to send it back to them to get the note reholdered with the correct description. Cutting Error was wrong.

Edited by SteveInTampa
10/20/2020 4:40 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5623 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  5:15 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your note is missing the complete 3rd printing (a two color process) and is not an "insufficient inking" error. PMG missed it.

If the dealer quoted you 40$ for grading but is now charging you 60$ get your note from him and NEVER walk in that store again. He is trying to discourage you into selling the note to him because of the added costs he's sticking you with!

You are better off selling your note on eBay in a true auction format or with a crazy buy-it-now price. Ultimately, the note will bring what it is truly worth! You can also get enough quality posts here and then sell it here.

Good luck and thanks for stopping by!
Learn More...
United States
92103 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Here are the pictures of the encapsulated bill with the grading. He said we have a pretty valuable note here, just 6 pts from perfect.
Excellent!
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunnee50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If this is incorrectly graded then how could I sell it properly? I called the place that we used and told him what you guys said and he said he has never had one case of them making a mistake in all the years he has been dealing with them. So therefore this could be a very rare bill. I agree with you, I think this bill was stuck to the back of another bill and missed the stamping. Reason is because the story from my sister in law is that her mom told her that she worked for a high dollar retail store and it was her job to count the new money. This particular pile kept coming up $51. So she counted them one by one by one again and noticed one a little thicker but the edge was lifted. She literally peeled this one off the back of the other and saw that it was missing the serial numbers. So she took it out and replaced it with one of her own dollar bills.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5623 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  7:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ok... IF there is evidence of embossing of the seals and serial numbers then the note is under inked. If there is no embossing then the note missed the 3rd printing. PMG got to examine the note in-hand; all we get are pictures. Evidently PMG saw embossing of the 3rd printing and rendered their opinion appropriately. I apologize.

There have been other series 1977 $1's with insufficient inking sold by Heritage Auctions that have sold in the 200-300 $ range. In my opinion your note would fall into that value. It is what it is!
United States
13 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  8:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Sunnee50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yes but we have the bill in our hand and there is absolutely no feel of any kind of embossing whatsoever. There is no indent, now touch of ink and no raised paper. It is completely flat. Now I am sure they look at it under microscopes so maybe they did see something we couldn't see or feel. The dealer said to put it on Ebay at $950 so he seems to think that this is a very rare bill.
Page: of 3 Previous TopicReplies: 34 / Views: 1,777Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05