Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Nice 1880-O Morgan Dollar - Grading Opinion Please! Looks Like A MS65!

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 512Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United Kingdom
63 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  4:50 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add RockyRock to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Dear Friends,

Please let me know your thoughts on the grade this 1880-O Morgan would make with NGC. It looks like a beautiful and a very rare MS65 to me. Appreciate all your thoughts and inputs!

Thanks in Advance!

Pillar of the Community
United States
797 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  4:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Coin looks very flat from these pics, looks to have been over dipped. Maybe some slight rub on high points as well. I'm going AU on this one.
Edited by Ty2020b
08/08/2020 4:57 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2276 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  4:59 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details, looks overdipped from the photos.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50407 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  5:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Even allowing for a weak New Orleans strike, this coin looks like it has seen a little circulation.
Valued Member
United States
91 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentSearcher to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU-50 cleaned
Pillar of the Community
Canada
663 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  5:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Numis-Northerner to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks uncirculated to me, but does also look over dipped
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2332 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add keith12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I say cleaned
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:16 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't see any luster, could be the pics, I also see a boxed area of color differential around. 'In God We Trust" which says to me Cleaned.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Edited by farrider11
08/09/2020 5:10 pm
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
5440 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:39 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add westernsky to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Luster appears to be non existent. Maybe dipped a couple of times too many?

Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
353 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  8:51 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the way, trust these guys opinions, at first I sent stuff in for grading, and ignored the advice, since then, they have saved me a whole lot of money lol
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Valued Member
United States
431 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  10:10 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Wideglide to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
AU details, looks overdipped from the photos.

Dipped was my first thought when I saw the pics. And it does look to have slight wear. You guys are making me better at this!
"Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage?" R.W. 1975

Mark from the metropolis of Portage, PA
A.N.A. #3206350
Pillar of the Community
United States
3494 Posts
 Posted 08/08/2020  11:57 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Luster is key...and I see none
Farrider11 nailed it IMO...cleaned
Valued Member
United States
312 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  12:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add JasonKflo to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I think it may be poor lighting causing it to look flat.looks AU-58 to me
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4156 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  08:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add fenton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details, altered surfaces. Might improve with better photos since some types of light can mask marks and make a coin look lusterless and unusually flat.
Edited by fenton
08/09/2020 08:48 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
982 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  10:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ham1947 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU details all day.
Valued Member
United States
287 Posts
 Posted 08/09/2020  11:35 am  Show Profile   Check Lancek's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Lancek to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'm going to go with circulation wear over weak strike. Or maybe both. Lots of wear areas all over the hair on the obverse. As. well as the eagle breast and arrows on the reverse. AU 58 at best.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 18 / Views: 512Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.7 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05