Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Is It Worth Grading? (1912 Dime)

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 470Next Topic  
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  4:46 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add firemandmc to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
hi, I found this dime. Was wondering if it is worth getting it graded. Looks really good to me, but I'ma newbie. Thanks for the help.

*** Moved by Staff to a more appropriate forum. ***

*** Edited by Staff to Add Year / Mintmark / Denomination to Title. Titles are Important! ***
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50499 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  4:51 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sharper pics would help - it's difficult to see the surface detail clearly in these images.

to the CCF!
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  5:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add firemandmc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Took it out of holder, hope this helps

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
50499 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  5:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks. You'll get even more replies if you show your images right-side-up. I'll say mid-AU and not worth the cost of grading.
Edited by Coinfrog
08/12/2020 5:37 pm
United States
48 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  6:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add firemandmc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yessir, not sure why but when I use the optimizer it switches it
Pillar of the Community
United States
932 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  6:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add thecoinguy1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Posting pictures on here can be frustrating, I struggle with each and every picture posted. Nice coin, thanks for sharing, I'd save the money of grading, JMHO.
"When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
- Luke 11:21
Learn More...
United States
17130 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@fireman, I think that holding your phone vertically to take pics can cause this. Try either using editing software to rotate them 90 or else hold your phone with both hands to take the pics.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
14023 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add T-BOP to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
AU Details cleaned .
Proud Member of The Black Sheep Squadron !
In Memory of Fallen Black Sheep Mates .
Pillar of the Community
United States
4861 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  8:20 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
IMO the coin has been cleaned.
Not worth submitting for grading.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9407 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  8:41 pm  Show Profile   Check BH1964's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add BH1964 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
AU Details cleaned.

That's what I was thinking.
ANA #R3154474
Pillar of the Community
United States
2293 Posts
 Posted 08/12/2020  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks mid-AU. I'm not convinced it's been cleaned, but I wouldn't get it graded.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19584 Posts
 Posted 08/15/2020  10:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Not worth the money to have it graded.
just carl
Valued Member
United States
153 Posts
 Posted 08/17/2020  10:48 pm  Show Profile   Check ziggy29's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add ziggy29 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks cleaned AU to me, though not horribly cleaned. It's probably worth about the same as what it would cost to grade.
Edited by ziggy29
08/17/2020 10:49 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 470Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.64 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05