Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

A New Image Format Is Being Introduced For Coin And Medal Photography

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,187Next Topic
Page: of 2
Valued Member
United States
473 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  11:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointagous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
David Lawrence coins has this Nutilt up on it's website. What is most notable difference to me are hairlines which become much more pronounced from it. Here is a good example of what I'm
referring to.

https://www.davidlawrence.com/rare-coin/1827270
Pillar of the Community
United States
2526 Posts
 Posted 09/15/2020  11:54 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The light rotation on the DLRC website is way too fast. I just downloaded the nuTilt app on my phone, and I really like it. You can control the lighting by moving your phone slightly, just like holding the coin. There are about 1000 coins in their gallery to view to test it out, and you can really get a sense of the luster. The images are about 30 to 50mb each, and it took about 10 secs to download a coin to view.
Greece
40 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  12:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Nickos to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I really do not get anything from this nuTilt.

Do I see the coin better? Surely not. It's worse. I do not get the coin as it really is.

I can not see the use of it.
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
 Posted 10/01/2020  5:31 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, I have to admit, the NuTilt images look pretty cool in DLRC e-mails. Just my opinion.
Pillar of the Community
United States
7406 Posts
 Posted 11/03/2020  3:04 pm  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I grabbed the iOS app, it works really well I'm on a very fast Wi-Fi internet connection at home so it's loading in a second or so for each image, I'm more impressed as I use it, it's not perfect but it's way cool and does provide multiple images, plus being able to control the view through tilting my phone like it's a coin is a nice touch, it's almost like holding a virtual coin, not quite yet, but closer than anything else I've seen yet.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Learn More...
United States
92192 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  10:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I grabbed the iOS app ... it's almost like holding a virtual coin, not quite yet, but closer than anything else I've seen yet.
Impressive!
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 21 / Views: 1,187Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05