Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

US Mint Introduces Rolls And Bags Of Connecticut American Innovation $1 Coins On September 29

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 426Next Topic  
Press Manager
Learn More...
United States
1411 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  5:14 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CCFPress to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
US Mint Introduces Rolls And Bags Of Connecticut American Innovation $1 Coins On September 29
2020, September 29

US Mint - The United States Mint (Mint) will open sales for Connecticut American Innovation™ $1 Coins packaged in collectible rolls and bags beginning on September 29 at noon EDT. These new additions to the Mint's product lineup contain uncirculated $1 coins from the Philadelphia and Denver facilities. Available product options and pricing are below.

Check out this coin on ebay.

The reverse (tails) of the Connecticut American Innovation $1 Coin depicts the Gerber Variable Scale being used to increase a geometric shape by 200%, a shape which resembles the state of Connecticut. Inscriptions are "UNITED STATES OF AMERICA," "GERBER VARIABLE SCALE," and "CONNECTICUT." The year of minting ("2020"), mint mark ("P" or "D"), and the inscription "E PLURIBUS UNUM" are incused on the coin's edge.

The obverse (heads) of American Innovation $1 Coins features a dramatic representation of the Statue of Liberty in profile with the inscriptions "IN GOD WE TRUST" and "$1." The obverse also includes a privy mark of a stylized gear, representing industry and innovation.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  5:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are they only sold in Rolls ? What I mean is can these be bought at a bank ? Or are they more of a collector Item although they are legal tender coins ?
Valued Member
United States
336 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bzookaj to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Only in rolls or bags from the mint.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3717 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  7:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Eventually, people will find out that they are only worth face value and spend most of them. Then they will circulate.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
16976 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  09:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Conder101 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yep only available in rolls and 100 coin bags from the mint. All dollar coins since 2012 have been NCLT (Non-Circulating Legal Tender, alternate term is NIFC, Not Intended For Circulation) They CAN be spent, but only after someone pays a premium for them from the Mint.
Gary Schmidt
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  4:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'll wait. Living here in Connecticut, I'm sure there will be plenty to go around . I've done hat roll thing and they just sat.
United States
32 Posts
 Posted 09/24/2020  8:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I let the dealers buy the bag and then buy a P&D of each coin for an album. I probably pay 2 dollars per coin but whatever...maybe my kids will enjoy it one day.
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  05:19 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome,anything for the Kids .
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  07:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
And I also Just learned what a Gerber Variable Scale is .lol
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  04:29 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I live in CT. and only want a few, not a whole roll. Ughh !
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 426Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05