Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1970 S LMC DDO & DDR ?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 320Next Topic  

United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  10:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add IronMan433 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Ok guys I know I sound like a broken record . I've only been in to coins for Three weeks now an got a microscope but don't know how to use it yet . Sorry about the pictures.!i need beep again . I have A 1970 S I found in my change . Advice please

Pillar of the Community
United States
1829 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  10:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Are you seeing any distinct doubling?
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/07/2020  11:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IronMan433 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what it looks like from a distance

Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  03:14 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grelko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That actually looks like the same 1-1200x digital microscope I just bought a few days ago. By the chance it is, is should have come with a "small" dvd that has an application, so that you can plug in the Micro USB (scope) to USB port (computer) that comes with it and use it as a webcam.

If you already have a webcam, when you start the application, click Devices and pick General UVC to use the scope camera. (You can't save pictures or video on the scope itself, unless you have a memory card for it). Just take a screenshot with your PC and use the Paint program or something to resize, crop and fix up the picture.

Theres a small plastic disc covering the bottom of the scope that has a small nub on the side that you take off or it will look slightly blurry.

You can place down a small piece of paper etc, so that the coin doesn't get scratched by the cast aluminum base. Main LED control knob is on the right side of the screen where you plug wires in, 2 small side lights control knob on the back of the base.

The remote is a bit of a pain to work with haha.

If you turn the scope on after plugging it into your computer, it will show "mass storage", "charge", or PC camera". I use PC camera and open the application from either the DVD, or you can copy it to your desktop and use it from there.

Then I can have the coin show up on the big screen and take a screenshot with it, instead of having to use the Ipad to take a picture of the scope screen.

Too bad it doesn't zoom out far enough to take a full picture of a coin.

It just takes a little while to get used to how they work, but the pictures look pretty good and it zooms in really far.

You can take the scope off the base and actually walk around using it, after charging it for a while.

(I unplugged it from my PC, so that it showed the coin instead of the black screen that says PC Camera, so my face wasn't showing.)

Don't forget to take this off, or it will look slightly blurry.

Edited by Grelko
09/08/2020 03:19 am
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  08:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IronMan433 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the info on the microscope. I just got it 2 days ago an I'm still trying to figure it out . An yes I hate the fact it don't go far enough out to see the whole coin . Not sure if $109 was to much if it . I want to know hat other people use for there coins
Valued Member
United States
232 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  08:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Grelko to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I want to know hat other people use for there coins

So do I, except I can't afford to get anything better right now.

I got mine 4 days ago and paid about the same as you did. I actually like it a lot, because I "was" stacking up index cards and having a jewelers loupe balanced on the edge, so I could take a picture through it with an Ipad.

I started messing around with the remote the other day and think I figured out most things. Yeah, that plastic cap on the bottom makes the coins look a little foggy. It's just so dust etc, doesn't get inside where the scope actually is when you're not using it.
Edited by Grelko
09/08/2020 08:49 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1210 Posts
 Posted 09/08/2020  10:58 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cookiemonster to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay on your screen you have a small camera icon, if you click on it with your mouse it will take a pic., then it will go to your pic's on your devise then when you want to post an pic ,go to upload image, and it will go to pic's on your devise ,from there just pick the pic. you want. hope this helps
United States
21 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  10:05 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add IronMan433 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ Grelko
I went to Home Depot an bought a 3/8" MIP brass pipe 4" long an a 3/8" FIP Coupler an screwed the brass pipe in to the base of my stand an put the coupler on the other side an screwed the camera rod into the coupler. An not in can see the whole coin with out holding the microscope in my hand

Hope this helps out out as well
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 320Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.56 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05