Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

CAC Bean Or No CAC Bean

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 305Next Topic  
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  9:12 pm Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this topic Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I know this subject is a hot mess for some, but again his weekend, I made the mistake of making offers on two identical coins, under offering on both by a lot.

Never figured they would both except.

I think folks are just selling Morgan's for less, but that is neither here nor there.

SO I make offers on two 1888 Morgan's, both MS 65, one with a CAC bean and one without.

I always keep my word on offers, and bought them both.

To me the one without the CAC bean looks nicer then the one without.

Without starting a CAC war, I was interested in getting some fresh input about what makes one better then the other, when the one without CLEARLY looks better.

It could be that the other was never submitted and would receive a bean too.

Just looking for some fresh ideas on it.

Thanks ! I'm still learning.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2420 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  9:18 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Most likely one was never submitted. How about some pics?
Valued Member
United States
292 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  9:42 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Believe7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Can We Take A Look ?
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
384 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  9:58 pm  Show Profile   Check farrider11's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add farrider11 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sellers Pics, obviously I dont have in hand yet, and I'mjust doing obvers, as reverse on both of them are perfect as is usual for morgans.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Valued Member
United States
467 Posts
 Posted 09/12/2020  11:14 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cointagous to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like some light marks on the cheek and some light handling marks that have toned right below it. Still I'm pretty sure they would bean it if you want to spend the money to do that.
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
11070 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  03:03 am  Show Profile   Check spruett001's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add spruett001 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would wait to see them both in person before deciding which one looks better. Other than that, the simplest solution is this:

Quote:

In Memory of Crazyb0
12-26-1951 to 7-27-2020
In Memory of Tootallious
3-31-1964 to 4-15-2020
Pillar of the Community
United States
4914 Posts
 Posted 09/13/2020  08:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is what I see from your pics:
-- the CAC coin has a slightly fuller strike
-- the marks on the CAC coin appear to be rubs only
-- the marks on the non-CAC coin appear to include some scratches
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
5290 Posts
 Posted 09/25/2020  9:06 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jaobler to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I prefer the non-CAC coin. That one I think has the better strike, with stronger detail on and above the ear. The cheek marks seem less obtrusive and the frosty luster is more attractive IMO. There is a faint fingerprint below the chin which is a slight negative.
I'd keep that one and sell the CAC example, hopefully at a profit!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4432 Posts
 Posted 09/26/2020  06:43 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add scopru to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:

As already mentioned this is likely why one has and one doesn't.

Member: ANA and NGC
My Want list: http://goccf.com/t/188411
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 305Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05