Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

No Date Wheat Penny Found In Bag

First page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 898Next Topic
Page: of 2
Learn More...
United States
92462 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  10:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice find!

If I found that, I would probably put it in my Dansco album's 1922 "plain" hole just because.
Pillar of the Community
United States
9430 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  11:10 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add dave700x to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Very cool find!
1883-O Nut
Pillar of the Community
Canada
3836 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  11:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add oriole to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A missing date coin would be worth a lot more if you knew the exact date that was missing
Learn More...
United States
92462 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  11:24 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
A missing date coin would be worth a lot more if you knew the exact date that was missing
Like with 1913 "raised ground" and 1883 "no cents" nickels?

Imagine if this cent had VBD on the reverse...
Pillar of the Community
United States
2064 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  11:38 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Fun find!
Pillar of the Community
United States
1457 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  12:37 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Imagine if this cent had VBD on the reverse...

With a visible MM....
Learn More...
United States
92462 Posts
 Posted 09/17/2020  1:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jbuck to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
With a visible MM....
Even better.

But if there were not visible... Was it greased along with the date... or not... That would be the question!
Valued Member
United States
50 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  2:13 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add firemandmc to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So... I tool it to a NGC guy, he put it under a microscope and couldn't find any eveidence of it being tampered with. Planning on sending it into ncg or PCGS to be certified. Which one would you guys recommend and about what is it worth?
Thank yall
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2550 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  3:24 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I would think it's not a coin that really needs to be graded. The cost of certification, shipping and insurance would be more that the value of the coin. As Ty2020b noted, you might get $5 to $50 dollars for the coin, but I can see it selling for a price that justifies certification. Most of the members here agree that unless the coin is going to sell for $150 or more, grading will lose you money.

If it's just that you like graded coins, I would say any of the top TPGs would be fine, just pick which slab style and label you like the best. I've had coins graded by NGC, PCGS and ANACS and I like them all. My personal preference would be PCGS, because of the combination of the more professional looking labeling and the clean look or their clear plastic slabs. I think PCGS certification tends to be the most respected of the TPGs among collectors, but that's just my opinion.
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 24 / Views: 898Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.61 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05