Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

My Recent PCGS Submission

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,023Next Topic
Page: of 2
Pillar of the Community

United States
1387 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  08:05 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I sent off around 20 coins a few days ago with a book value of around 12k. I've been hawking the tracking and my package got there a day early. I went to check the tracking one more time and they had refused my package. I did some research and the package had to be damaged or tampered with in the mail. If so they return to sender so that the blame is not on them. To add to this I'm not home for the next 9 days to see what I get back. Very stressful.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
9047 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  08:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TNG to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Perhaps you can contact the PO and have them hold your mail or call a neighbor to pick up mail for you that you trust.
I don't know about PCGS but ANACS want submissions sent in 2.5 in plastic flips. Maybe you sent them in in a stapled holders or cases of some kind? Hopefully you didn't underinsure on shipping to or submission form value for return.
My favorite album!
Image hosting is provided by CCF. Thank you for your generosity!
World's Fair Exposition Medals and Tickets
http://www.coincommunity.org/galler...p?album=2020
Edited by TNG
09/19/2020 08:33 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1387 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  08:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Yea TNG I've got a neighbor I can trust and as far as the submission goes, I printed it out and was paying with a money order. So PCGS has no idea what I have in there and I couldn't insure it for as much as I wanted because the coins are raw. I'm heavily relying on USPS at the moment. I'll keep you guys posted, hopefully they're back by Tuesday.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36034 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  08:56 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
United States
4349 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  11:15 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I hope the return goes smoothly Willburton! Sorry to hear your having troubles with your submission.

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
51233 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  11:23 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Standing by and wishing you good luck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2416 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  11:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Zurie to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Hopefully it's just a slightly damaged box and just an inconvenience for you. Good luck.
Pillar of the Community
United States
514 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  12:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add suipakpaikungfu to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
How did you send them? I only use registered or overnight shipping.
How everything comes back!
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2461 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  1:10 pm  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
That's terrible! I really hope it's just a little damage to the package with no lost or stolen items. How did you send them? I always send my coins by registered mail.

Wow! That would have me pulling my hair out! If I had any hair that is!

and a little as well!
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Valued Member
United States
218 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  5:04 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add HGK3 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
I couldn't insure it for as much as I wanted because the coins are raw.

Not sure I understand what you mean by that statement.

USPS will allow you to insure for whatever amount you want. You pay the insurance premium based on the value you state.

When you file a claim you bear the burden of proving the value of the items lost, so you can pay for $100 of insurance on a package containing a 2020 Lincoln Cent, but when it get's lost they're only going to pay you $.01, regardless of how much insurance you paid for.

Always insure for what you think the cost to replace the items is, not more or less, and expect the USPS to disagree with you so be prepared to prove your case.
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2590 Posts
 Posted 09/19/2020  10:25 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Will, I hope this all works out well. Some of the trophies you've been picking really need a slab, and no one needs this trouble getting that done. My best wishes for an optimal outcome.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1387 Posts
 Posted 09/20/2020  07:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks guys, I sent it in a priority box but with all the bubble wrap in there it was kinda tight. Again hoping for the best. I packed it so well that I can call my neighbor and they can easily tell me if anything is missing. I'm guessing it will be back Tuesday. Also from my experience PCGS is very picky and probably the same way with the packages they accept. I'll probably post an update Tuesday or Wednesday afternoon.

And batts I even cracked that 35 out and it is in there raw
Edited by Willburton
09/20/2020 08:09 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1387 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  07:09 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Willburton to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I don't even want to post this because I'm trying to stay optimistic. I filed a lost mail claim yesterday. Going to call my post office today when they open. It says my package has been out for delivery for two days but hasn't come.
Pillar of the Community
United States
1672 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  07:25 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Petespockets55 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Man-O-Man I would be totally

I opened this thread hoping to see some really great varieties and grades and I got a migrain from the stress you are going through. I hope it works out Will.)
Edited by Petespockets55
09/23/2020 07:28 am
Valued Member
United States
79 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  08:42 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SensibleSal66 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Oh boy, even I'm feeling devastated . wow !
Edited by SensibleSal66
09/23/2020 08:43 am
Pillar of the Community
Canada
944 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  11:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add GMS5 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Sorry to read this Willburton. I hope all eventually works out well.
I've always sent my coins via FEDEX. I just don't trust Canada Post or USPS.
Page: of 2 Previous TopicReplies: 27 / Views: 1,023Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.75 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05