Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1956 Wheat Side Of Head Issues, Die Chips Fun Stuff? What Do You See *fixed

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 252Next Topic  

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  12:45 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add mnall65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Chip out of the bottom of the 6 in the date.
Chip in the die or something that added an extra line on the R in LIBERTY.
What is going on with his head?
Is that normal spacing and size of the last T in TRUST?
Die chip on the left wheat head.
Tiny S in PLURIBUs, is that normal? Doesn't seem like it compared to my other wheat cents.

I'd like to get your guys' thoughts and opinions. Much appreciated.

Edited by mnall65
09/22/2020 09:31 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
738 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  01:02 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a retained interior die break (RIDB). Nice find!
Learn More...
United States
17348 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  05:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@mnall, it looks like you have uploaded pics from a second coin. This can happen when you use the same file name for two different pictures.

For the '56 cent, the "chip" out of the number 6 in the date would most likely be damage.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

United States
20 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  09:53 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mnall65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies! @Spence Couldn't get the camera to focus on it, I'll try to get a better picture because it looks very different under magnification or even with the naked eye.
@josephm99 Thank you I thought it was pretty neat. I was like wow they went all out on his hair for this one
Pillar of the Community
United States
1752 Posts
 Posted 09/22/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice reverse die chip(s).
Pillar of the Community
United States
3542 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  10:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Greasy Fingers to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Your "clipped" 6 is from a die issue and not post mint damage, you'll find them common. Some are an indication or marker for a DDO coin. Check VarietyVista.com and you'll see what I'm talking about....good luck on future finds, have fun
United States
20 Posts
 Posted 09/23/2020  11:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mnall65 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@Greasy Fingers,

Hey thanks for the reply. I am having quite a bit of fun going through some of my old coins, my dad's old coins, and some new stuff I picked up. So far learning quite a bit and finding some interesting stuff.
  Previous TopicReplies: 6 / Views: 252Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.55 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05