Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Cool 2018 P Nickel I Found

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 287Next Topic  

United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  8:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Ben2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Thoughts on this?
Learn More...
United States
17484 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  8:19 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
@ben, first welcome to CCF. Second, it looks like that nickel has some surface staining. It does look pretty cool though.
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Learn More...
United States
28962 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  8:24 pm  Show Profile   Check nss-52's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add nss-52 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
reminds me of my Jefferson nickel....
Keep Coin Community running (click here)
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  8:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Back side
United States
2 Posts
 Posted 09/27/2020  9:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ben2020 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the replies
Wonder if it was a minting error vs something that happened later?

Of course, I wonder if it makes it rare and/or valuable?
Learn More...
United States
91256 Posts
United States
14 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  5:58 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CircSearch to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It looks like post mint damage with no value added. Just a coincidental hair color change lol
Pillar of the Community
United States
3805 Posts
 Posted 09/28/2020  9:08 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add merclover to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not a mint error. Your nickel came in contact with something that caused the staining after it left the mint. This is considered PMD and as such, carries no premium I'm afraid.

to the CCF!

ša va bien aller
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 287Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 3.88 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05