Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1972 P Lincoln Memorial Cent DDO Or MD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 402Next Topic  
United States
31 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  04:15 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add Jenchris76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
This was from a bu roll. First three coins were machine doubles but the 4th coin, this one looks like a DDO what do you guys think?

United States
31 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  04:18 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jenchris76 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Also what's it worth?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37230 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  05:01 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
First off,please crop and rotate photos properly before posting. A in focus photo is what you need to post. Remove coins from holders before taking pics whenever possible. It looks like a nice DDO. Check eBay sold for values and check all three reference sites for an attribution number.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
United States
18313 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  08:59 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Spence to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
this one looks like a DDO what do you guys think?

I think you are correct. That is a nice one!
"If you climb a good tree, you get a push."
-----Ghanaian proverb

"The danger we all now face is distinguishing between what is authentic and what is performed."
-----King Adz

Pillar of the Community
United States
1410 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  09:51 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SamCoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A very nice DDO. Looks like DDO-002. And in excellent condition to boot!
My best finds:
1996 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/372066
Two 2000 WAMs in a box: http://goccf.com/t/375240
1995 DDO-001/FS-101: http://goccf.com/t/376071#3225244
Valued Member
United States
165 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  10:55 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add helpmethanks to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
where did you find that ?
Pillar of the Community
United States
767 Posts
 Posted 10/04/2020  5:40 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add josephm99 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like DDO-002 and in very nice condition to boot. Sweet find!
Valued Member
United States
471 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  06:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add smat45 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A 64RD graded by PCGS sold last month at Heritage Auctions for $180.00.
Are you sure the first 3 coins out of that roll were MD...lol
Great find!!
smat
Valued Member
United States
98 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  07:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Altec12 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Jenchris76
It looks like a very nice coin you have there.

Suggestion: Take about 10 minutes and scroll through several posts and you should get a feel for what is needed from you in order for the pros to fairly make accurate assessments of your coin. Note that pics show a clear, in focus full obverse and reverse of the coin. Followed by a closeup of the area in question. Make sure the pics are oriented correctly like we are seeing the images upright. 3 or 4 pics are usually all that is needed to get members interested in evaluating tour coin.
Your images were actually not bad. Just taking that extra second to crop and make them upright will go so much further in the group.

Dont mean to come off as a Debbie Downer, just trying to share what I have learned and witnessed in reading and viewing many, many, many posts.

This was only meant to help you enjoy your time in the best coin forum on the web.

Thanks and keep checking in with any other prizes you hsve found..
Bedrock of the Community
United States
37230 Posts
 Posted 10/05/2020  09:07 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Nice to read that at least one member is learning how to post proper photos, Altec12
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 402Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05