Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2020-S ASE October 13th

Next Page | Last 15 Replies

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 6,316Next Topic
Page: of 8
Pillar of the Community
United States
824 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2020  4:27 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Anyone plan on purchasing the S-ASE tomorrow despite the recent increase in silver prices by the US Mint? I was originally planning on getting two, along with the AI proof set, however, that's now changed to one for me. And really that's only because of the design change coming next year. Otherwise I'd prolly just pass on it. I'm surprised they don't have the price up on the site yet. They've already announced the price increase. Think they may be hoping to catch some people off guard and just get them to buy without noticing the price increase?
Edited by wyzeguy
10/12/2020 4:28 pm
Pillar of the Community
United States
2923 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2020  4:30 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I was going to get it as I have it on enrollment, but I'm passing. I'll get an ASE from the coin shop instead. I think the mint prices are just too high.
Valued Member
United States
105 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2020  6:25 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Eagle4Life to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Is the 2020-S a lower mintage at 200K?
Pillar of the Community
United States
824 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2020  6:44 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Good question. Last years ASE-S shows sold out and had a no limit mintage so I guess it depends on how many were actually made and sold.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2923 Posts
 Posted 10/12/2020  7:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The US mint sold:

Precious Metal Products 19EM 2019 AM EAGLE SILVER PROOF 1 OZ (S) 146,735 10/4/2020

So 200K limit is over what was sold in 2019.

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
10766 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  08:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CelticKnot to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I am still going to get this year's (on subscription) but will be reevaluating next year's silver subscriptions.
Valued Member
United States
377 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  10:47 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mrpapageorgio to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I kept the subscription going for the S eagle since it is the last year of the original design. I already paused the silver proof set next year. Will reevaluate future eagle purchases whether through the mint or a coin shop.
Pillar of the Community
United States
824 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  11:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
So how does the 200k mintage work with this coin? Will all 200k be minted or is it mint to demand up to the limit?
Pillar of the Community
United States
2923 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  11:57 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
The mint will make up to 200K. If for example they get orders for 200001, the last 1 won't get it. If they get orders for 100000, they won't make the 100K (chances are they already made 200K, so they will melt the 100K, or more likely sell it to a large distributor at 50% of the cost you paid, which is why you can get ASE cheaper from a coin shop than the mint).
Edited by hfjacinto
10/13/2020 11:59 am
Pillar of the Community
United States
1654 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Ordered mine without any website issues. I didn't expect a mad rush given the mintage.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2923 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  12:03 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add hfjacinto to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
FYI, last time the mint made too many ASE:

https://www.coinworld.com/news/prec...-at-discount
United States
26 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  1:01 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add cyberman to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Picked up a couple too ! No issues at all compared to the mixup last year, so many collectors missed out. With no limit per household, I'm sure the big boys dealers are getting their fill to certify and sell on tv.
Pillar of the Community
United States
824 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  2:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
The mint will make up to 200K. If for example they get orders for 200001, the last 1 won't get it. If they get orders for 100000, they won't make the 100K (chances are they already made 200K, so they will melt the 100K, or more likely sell it to a large distributor at 50% of the cost you paid, which is why you can get ASE cheaper from a coin shop than the mint).

So I guess we won't really know til it's no longer for sale whether they minted to demand or just went ahead and maxed it out all at once. Curious how the price increase yet final year design will affect sales.
Pillar of the Community
United States
824 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  2:21 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add wyzeguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Ordered mine without any website issues. I didn't expect a mad rush given the mintage.

Was there an initial mad rush for last years ASE-S? I didn't expect one either for this one. Woulda been shocked if there was.
Valued Member
Learn More...
United States
331 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  2:27 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add mikev50 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
almost 50$ over melt---what a joke--
Pillar of the Community
United States
1654 Posts
 Posted 10/13/2020  3:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Bret to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Was there an initial mad rush for last years ASE-S? I didn't expect one either for this one. Woulda been shocked if there was.

No. There was no mintage limit and the final production ended up at 146,735. Given that, the 200,000 mintage limit for the 2020-S proof is a joke. I do suspect that on Nov. 5th there will be a mad rush for the WWII proof ASE and proof AGE.
Page: of 8 Previous TopicReplies: 110 / Views: 6,316Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2021 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.58 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05