Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Mirror Brockage Penny 2009

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 742Next Topic  
Valued Member
Canada
221 Posts
 Posted 10/17/2020  9:06 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add nickle nubber to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I think thats what this is, a friend pulled this roll searching

any idea on a value
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36084 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  04:40 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Forum Dad
Learn More...
United States
20824 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  06:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bobby131313 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks like a legit mirror brockage. Nice.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1601 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  08:45 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
This is very scarce on a modern coin. I would say it's worth $200 for sure, maybe $500 if an auction went well.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1004 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  10:34 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add 47P7 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
how is that possible with todays technologies?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36084 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  11:11 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
$100 according to the site I link to.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Learn More...
Canada
9317 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  11:16 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful first strike mirror brockage. In that grade - that's easily a $500 coin. Mint state versions are worth closer to $1000, or more.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
2192 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  5:36 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add darryldarryl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Very nice Brockage nickle nubber !
Congratulations on your find.
Valued Member
Canada
66 Posts
 Posted 10/18/2020  8:52 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add SP67 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Remember. Mint stops producing 1 cent in 2012.
This coin could be one of the last major error of that denomination.

Does anyone have a more recent one?
Learn More...
Canada
9317 Posts
 Posted 10/19/2020  12:04 am  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I have seen a 2011 1-cent struck on a 10-cent planchet.
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Pillar of the Community
Canada
776 Posts
 Posted 10/20/2020  2:29 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add robmck1967 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
wow! what a spectacular roll find! very cool.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
1601 Posts
 Posted 10/21/2020  1:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Smallcentguy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
A few newer ones......

Previous TopicReplies: 11 / Views: 742Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.53 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05