Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1970-S LMC DDO FS-101

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 298Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
67 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  08:43 am Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add CentHunterJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone. This time I am certain I've got 101. 99.66% sure. Everything matches up. Unfortunately for the forum, I still suck at photos. And unfortunately for me, this isn't the best example. For some reason the motto is struck like 40% lighter than the rest of the penny. And this makes the most important Doubling hard to see. But it's there!

I asked the lady at AM/PM if there was any chance she could maybe just maybe sell me ONE roll of pennies last night. And I was expecting the usual "No, sorry, it's really hard to get change these days". But instead I got, "Can I sell you ONE Roll?!? How about I sell you a hundred? Are you joking?" Apparently some dude goes there all the time and only pays in hand rolled pennies. Super rad for me! I will be going there more often... But yeah, that's where I found this one.

PS: I'm never specifically looking for 70's just coincidental that I found 2 decent ones this week..

Pillar of the Community
United States
1448 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  09:00 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Ty2020b to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Unfortunately, does not look like FS-101 to me, that one stands out. Does look like DDD in the date, tough to call from these pics.There are a lot of DDOs for this one, not saying one might not be hiding there, but without sharper close up shots, tough to tell.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36500 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Photos are a bit too blurry to tell for me.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47421 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  11:26 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Here is a close up of the FS-101 devices.

From your images, I'm not seeing that doubling?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
67 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  12:22 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CentHunterJ to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It's there. Just harder than heck to capture. Be you can see the notch in the back leg of the R kinda...

But I'm going to stop at a coin shop later and see what they have to say.

Pillar of the Community
United States
4503 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  12:38 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Jim0815 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
By the photos provided it is not the FS-101.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2048 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  12:41 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I want to see it, but I can't given the photos posted. Perhaps a friend or associate--with better photography technology--can take sharp, high resolution, close-in photos for you.
Pillar of the Community
United States
4479 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  12:56 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add CoinHunter27 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Not FS-101. There would be a large spread like coop included above. Keep hunting!

-CH27
Collector of U.S. varieties and errors
Edited by CoinHunter27
10/22/2020 12:56 pm
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36500 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  1:35 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
You have the coin in hand,so go to all three of the reference sites we all use and make a match. Let us know which one you find out it is please.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2723 Posts
 Posted 10/22/2020  2:24 pm  Show Profile   Check tropicalbats's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add tropicalbats to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Note that there are a number of rotational DDOs for this date, so if not FS-101 then still could be one of the lesser DDOs. Looks like something going on but pics just not clear enough to make any kind of call.
  Previous TopicReplies: 9 / Views: 298Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.77 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05