Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

1864 Two Cent Double Date Or RPD?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 403Next Topic  
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  4:56 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add bullchaser to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I have this Two Cent Piece and I've compared it to other ones with RPD's and this one seems to be much more drastic than the others. Is this a double date or RPD or is that the same thing? Also, is this worth getting graded? Thanks for your input!

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
52097 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  5:09 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Coinfrog to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I'd say this an RPD.
United States
49 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  5:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add bullchaser to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks! Is it worth much or not really?
Pillar of the Community
United States
4968 Posts
 Posted 10/25/2020  6:24 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add kanga to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Quote:
Thanks! Is it worth much or not really?

Hard to say since that sort of thing is not listed anywhere.
Kevin Flynn's guide Getting Your Two Cents Worth is the only worthwhile reference that I know of.
If you're lucky you might find auctions results somewhere, most likely on eBay or maybe Great Collections.
Describe it as if there were no picture.
Picture it as if there were no description.
Pillar of the Community
United States
620 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  01:49 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add twslisa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Bedrock of the Community
United States
19840 Posts
 Posted 10/26/2020  08:13 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add just carl to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Might get a bit of money for that on ebay. Otherwise just a minor error.
just carl
Pillar of the Community
United States
7407 Posts
 Posted 11/04/2020  12:39 am  Show Profile   Check westcoin's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add westcoin to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It is a Leone 9I or the NGC VP-005 is correct. There are a lot of different 1864LM RPDs I've lost count but at least 20+ different minor RPD varieties. Worth slabbing? Depends on why. for resale? To protect it? You will pay extra to have the variety ID placed on the label so a cost of almost what I would pay for the coin raw, just to slab it it and have the error ID added. Not a good deal financially and not going to make the coin sell for any more value to 98% of the potential buyers IMO. I'd grade it around EF45+ to AU53 range, probably cleaned and might even get a details from a TPG.
"Buy the Book Before You Buy the Coin" - Aaron R. Feldman - "And read it" - Me 2013!
ANA Life Member #3288 in good standing since 1982, EAC Member #6202, NBS Member, 2 variety collector.

See my want page: http://goccf.com/t/140440
Pillar of the Community
United States
2526 Posts
 Posted 11/12/2020  09:16 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add TreasHunt to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
If you are going to collect these, Frank Leone's book is the best reference
  Previous TopicReplies: 7 / Views: 403Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 1.73 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05