Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

Possible DD On A 1974 Quarter, Can Anyone Confirm?

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 407Next Topic  
Valued Member

United States
148 Posts
 Posted 10/28/2020  11:20 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I have been looking through my change for almost a year now and this is just one that I am trying to get a bit more understanding of. Also the entire subject of the doubled die.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36436 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  04:31 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Where are you seeing the doubling? Going to need close ups.
John1
( I'm no pro, it's just my humble opinion )
Searched 5+ Million Cents Since 1971
Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
2539 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  05:31 am  Show Profile   Check Yokozuna's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add Yokozuna to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Try posting the individual images, not a collage. This will allow you to post larger more detailed pictures that are easier for us to study.
The first US coin motto was found on a 1792 half disme and read: "LIB (erty) PAR (ent) OF SCIENCE & INDUSTRY"

Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47320 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  07:44 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Looks normal from what I can see. Not even machine doubled? As closer view might help?
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry about the picture quality. I only have my phone. Hoping that this picture is better.
On the top of the wing, on unum also the d in united and es of states.
Pillar of the Community
United States
2021 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add ijn1944 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I see minor reverse die alignment issues, to go along with some Die Deterioration. Not seeing doubling given the photos as posted.
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  01:50 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay I think I get it now, thank you.
So this is another one of my coins, a 89d and from what I have learned that it is Machine Doubling that caused the details I see on the word unum and what not, correct? Are these machine doubled coins worth anything?
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36436 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  04:22 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It does look like MD,and MD has no premium unless it is major.
John1
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  04:48 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Okay, now I have a much better understanding of MD identification. Thanks to everyone here that has donated there time to educating some inexperienced newbie I can finally put that subject to rest.
I can't guarantee that I won't bring up MD again because of certain coins I have being questionable, but at least I don't have to feel like I'm am beating a dead horse.
Bedrock of the Community
United States
36436 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  06:36 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add John1 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
There are many types of doubling to learn,here is a good link to put in your bookmarks on your computer http://koinpro.tripod.com/Articles/...Doubling.htm
click on pics to enlarge.
John1
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  12:06 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I found that to be an excellent article for me to read on the subject. Thank you for your help
Bedrock of the Community
Learn More...
United States
47320 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  3:49 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add coop to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
It sometimes even fools us. So look for the spread in the centers of the coins devices.

Even note, the feathers and leaves doubling.
Richard S. Cooper
Some have asked about my images I use and I'm glad to say, you can now you can see the DVD in sections on youtube:
1. Intro, older coins, toned coins 2. Doubled dies 3. Die events, One of a kind errors 4. So called errors, Coin information 5. Coin information Types and Varieties, Overlays
Jefferson nickel doubled dies Wexler/Rebar complete listings

trail dies:http://www.traildies.com/
Edited by coop
10/31/2020 3:50 pm
Valued Member
United States
148 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  10:16 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add My2cent to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your help. I will do my best to decipher the small details.
  Previous TopicReplies: 12 / Views: 407Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.69 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05