Coin Community Family of Web Sites
Like us on Facebook! Subscribe to our Youtube Channel! Check out our Twitter! Check out our Pinterest!
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Welcome Guest! Need help? Got a question? Inherit some coins?
Our coin forum is completely free! Register Now!

2015 Legacy Of The Nickel

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.
Author Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 541Next Topic  
Pillar of the Community

Canada
720 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  9:25 pm Show Profile   Bookmark this topic Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Message
I just completed my set. I usually don't get excited with all the RCM stuff they crank out, but these gilt coins are very attractive. Please excuse the poor pictures

Pillar of the Community
Learn More...
United States
4793 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:26 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add commems to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congrats! It looks like a nice set. Thanks for sharing!

How long have you been working on the set?

Collecting history one coin or medal at a time! (c) commems. All rights reserved.
Pillar of the Community
United States
6677 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Earle42 to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful set!
- When I value " being right" more than what IS right, I am then right...a fool.
- How much squash could a Sasquatch squash if a Sasquatch would squash squash?
- Prosp long and liver.
Pillar of the Community
Canada
6670 Posts
 Posted 10/29/2020  11:32 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add Silveroid to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Congratulations!
Thank you for sharing.

The Set is beautiful.
Great coins with the tribute meaning.

I was lucky to own the first and the last one in the series, and can confirm - they very well struck and gold plated.

Do you keep them in some display box?
Will you plan to replace the 1-st to get same label as the rest coins?
Pillar of the Community
Canada
720 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  3:12 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
HI All, to answer the questions:
I sourced all 6 from 4 different ebayers, with 3 sellers in the USA and only 1 in Canada.
5/6 are NGC 70's, one is NGC 69.....and I don't care about the labels, this 'first strike' stuff doesn't carry any weight with me.
I put together the set over the past two months (from ebay), so yeah, some were a tad expensive once you factor in the usury FX rates from Paypal and the NGC PR70 premium.
I do plan to display them if I can find the right holders for my cabinet, as they are stunning in hand.
Valued Member
Canada
60 Posts
 Posted 10/30/2020  8:07 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add jazzy to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
Great set! If only that one 69 were a 70...
I do love the "Legacy of" sets produced by RCM, they are some of my favorite recent RCM NCLT. I personally prefer most NCLT in the original packaging, but I can understand the desire to have them in a slab as well, I do so for some of my circulating denomination coins.

I admire the patience to acquire these all individually. Congrats on the complete set!

Pillar of the Community
Canada
720 Posts
 Posted 10/31/2020  12:39 am  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add tripoli to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply

Learn More...
Canada
9379 Posts
 Posted 11/02/2020  8:26 pm  Show Profile   Check SPP-Ottawa's eBay Listings Bookmark this reply Add SPP-Ottawa to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
I bought the 1951 commemorative legacy coin, more for what that coin means (as a geologist).
"Discovery follows discovery, each both raising and answering questions, each ending a long search, and each providing the new instruments for a new search." -- J. Robert Oppenheimer

Content of this post is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. See: http://creativecommons.org/licenses...0/deed.en_US

My eBay store
Canada
24 Posts
 Posted 12/01/2020  10:53 pm  Show Profile   Bookmark this reply Add DaleMcC to your friends list Get a Link to this Reply
These look so great. I'll have one in my hands in a day or two. I picked up the 1951 for a good price... couldn't resist seeing I live just down the street from the Big Nickel.
Edited by DaleMcC
12/01/2020 10:54 pm
  Previous TopicReplies: 8 / Views: 541Next Topic  

To participate in the forum you must log in or register.

Disclaimer: While a tremendous amount of effort goes into ensuring the accuracy of the information contained in this site, Coin Community assumes no liability for errors. Copyright 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Family- all rights reserved worldwide. Use of any images or content on this website without prior written permission of Coin Community or the original lender is strictly prohibited.
Contact Us  |  Advertise Here  |  Privacy Policy / Terms of Use

Coin Community Forum © 2005 - 2020 Coin Community Forums
It took 0.62 seconds to rattle this change. Powered By: Snitz Forums 2000 Version 3.4.05